Rendering a painted surface

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've two chimneys to do on a house I'm gonna be renovating in a similar situation, old paint on them.
Render is too hard to knock of without destroying the chimney structure.
I'm putting a new capping on, and was thinking would rendaid or hp12 be ok to put directly on it with mesh and then pinned???
I can also finish with what I like, but would like something really water repellant as much as possible.
Would like the render experts opinions and thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any gestures for mine lads?

Lol I don't need the work, I do alot of work for a building company so I can't really turn round an say nah mate the walls painted I don't do that

Lol I don't need the work, I do alot of work for a building company so I can't really turn round an say nah mate the walls painted I don't do that

You don't need to say you don't do it. You say it's painted so unless it's prepped properly you will not guarantee it, if they don't want to pay the extra to do the job right then crack on with it. excuse the pun.

Parex micro then 10mm coat over the top done it loads of times...Micro sticks well to paint try it X

Micro sticks well to paint try it X[/QUOTE]

But, and I keep coming back to this point, what if the paint comes away from the wall? Damp can get behind it and frost will blow it.

Micro sticks well to paint try it X

But, and I keep coming back to this point, what if the paint comes away from the wall? Damp can get behind it and frost will blow it.[/QUOTE]

Give the customer the option, going over the paint is the cheapest, let them make the decision.

Don't see how it will come away if it its meshed and pinned at regular

Parex give a spec for this sort of thing, did one not long ago over painted background parinter base and 10mm of gf over the top parinter is a very good product, just pinn it for peace of mind .

Status
Not open for further replies.