Rendering a painted surface

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parex parinther perhaps is the remedy, or scud with sbr and either modern or conventional rendering process after this.

hack the painted surface off, or scabble -it or even sand blast it until you are down to a suitable sub straight :)......

Nothing sticks to paint properly. Parinter can be used as a thin coat over paint (with its limitations) always seek to rwmove paint first or mesh and pin if you cant use parinter. If you aint that bothered about prep mesh from the off then walk away.

This Micro stuff I keep reading about? Is it like a resin? I have done a job recently with Fassa Bortolo gear and the spec was their 'varnish' which looked like a watered down sbr but dried clear and then the usual procedure for ewi.

The paint was fairly new and only two original coats but I had to wash it down first. The Micro stuff, is it put on and allowed to dry first?

This Micro stuff I keep reading about? Is it like a resin? I have done a job recently with Fassa Bortolo gear and the spec was their 'varnish' which looked like a watered down sbr but dried clear and then the usual procedure for ewi.

The paint was fairly new and only two original coats but I had to wash it down first. The Micro stuff, is it put on and allowed to dry first?

Micro Gobetis 2000

Parinter is the stuff to use with mesh fully bedded in, as long as the paint is sound there should be no failures.Then top off with monorex.

Parinter is the stuff to use with mesh fully bedded in, as long as the paint is sound there should be no failures.Then top off with monorex.
whats you view re painted wet dash or dry dash, lots of us get requests to smooth render over this..

Same again mate but the finish job will only be as good as the substrate you are putting the new stuff over.Any loose should be brusded or knocked off then patched in with a suitable base then parinter should be fine over these substrates too,but must be fully meshed.

Hi,
Names Dan trade as Collin's of Essex. New to this!!

SBR mixed with cement dust and painted on. Used this method before doing a splater repair and its still on!
A full render....not so sure, if it was mine i would try and use a mesh.

Nice one Jrend............:RpS_thumbup:..............your my new hero, JACE is so yesterday

the substrate still needs to be sound so you could use a multitude of products if you trust the paint adheision

Just spent all day getting paint off :RpS_cursing: why take the risk ,it will bite you on the bum

Does that parinter just go right over paint then? Is It a render not an actual bonding agent?

Last edited:
Micro gobetis is a red sandy liquid that you can apply by roller and yes fatarm parinter does go straight over painted surfaces.Its a backing coat goes on 3/5mm i suppose it is a bonding agent and a render.
What is micro like? A liquid or a paste?

Micro gobetis is a red sandy liquid that you can apply by roller and yes fatarm parinter does go straight over painted surfaces.Its a backing coat goes on 3/5mm i suppose it is a bonding agent and a render.

Parinter sounds like Webers Rend-Aid?

So how does this Micro stuff work? A liquid that goes on thin and dries to a film. How does anything stick to it? Same I suppose for Plastprime X?

The Fassa Bortolo gear at first looks like watered down sbr but it dries to a clear film. They call it a resin. Stomix had a similar product.

Hi Rigsby have a look on their web site but you have to register to view technical data sheets.
Cheers.
So how does this Micro stuff work? A liquid that goes on thin and dries to a film. How does anything stick to it? Same I suppose for Plastprime X?

The Fassa Bortolo gear at first looks like watered down sbr but it dries to a clear film. They call it a resin. Stomix had a similar product.

its all nonsense , you have to key stuff up back to a decent sub-straight for a good bond....if any. dont get me wrong though, if what your going over has been solid for years ans still is most bets you ll be good, but its still only stuck to what you put it on! might be fine for years to come.... iv done it and i know others have too. for painted surfaces i key and sbr or even just glue in the past.... NEVER had a render come back in 15 years.

parinter is a lime renovating mortar, can be used over paint as a thin coat so remains very light weight on the surface approx 4-5mm it is a render rigs not a prep coat like rendaid.

microgobetis is like betonkontact

more like an equaliser that sounds like j, alot of italian stuff is like that and usually acrylic based primer

Id use Rendaid or parinter if you dont want to mesh for what ever reason (i always do unless on new blocks) at least meash the stress points ie, corner off windows and doors. To be honest i even do this on new blockwork as a safe measure.

parinter is a lime renovating mortar, can be used over paint as a thin coat so remains very light weight on the surface approx 4-5mm it is a render rigs not a prep coat like rendaid.

microgobetis is like betonkontact

exactly, so it just sits on top of the paint, its only as good as the sub-straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.