Render.

The cracking is usually down to settlement the block behind the render cracking
Competent renders should stress piont weak areas like around windows and doors
Stains are usually down to leaking gutters or things dripping on it things like that
Also I'd be a bit weary of using krend in warm weather it seems to hairline crack

Had small light tares in k rend ft after it set when i first used it about 12 years ago can they be filled or hidden ? I prefer Weber or parex not had any cracks in them since.

It's all about the application and the ching ching ching!!
Make It Rain Money GIF

That y sand cement and lime is time served. Will this modern render last 50 100 years time will tell,
The modern render I use is essentially sand and cement/lime with the added benefit of polymer, quantities exactly gauged and reinforced with mesh,
no horse hair, cat s*** or labourer that can't count

That y sand cement and lime is time served. Will this modern render last 50 100 years time will tell,

sand and cement render has not reached 100 years yet, more like 70 years.
it is about 35 years ago that i was first trained on mono in Rotterdam, and it was in use years before that.
30 years ago Dryvit thin coat systems was being used in London and it had been in the states for years before that.

it is about 35 years ago that i was first trained on mono in Rotterdam, and it was in use years before that.
30 years ago Dryvit thin coat systems was being used in London and it had been in the states for years before that.
Cement was invented 1824

I never really gave it much thought, but I casually assumed cement went back a couple of thousand years or so

The Romans used a type of cement ,crushed lime and clay heated up to form a type of concrete.
modern cement is lime crushed and heated to very high temperatures. one of the main causes of climate problems.

The modern render I use is essentially sand and cement/lime with the added benefit of polymer, quantities exactly gauged and reinforced with mesh,
no horse hair, cat s*** or labourer that can't count
Saying all modern render systems are shite, is like saying all modern cars are shite because they once bought a Kia.
Mixing sand cement in a belle mixer and rendering a gable by hand,in July, still gives me nightmares.plus as you say, none of the labourer rolling a tab and missing a shovel of sand.

Modern renders....we were fixing dryvit Ewi systems in the late 90s, and scratch renders at the same time.

As building techniques change so should the materials over time. With epc ratings on domestic properties having to be better over the next few years, Ewi work will boom particularity on landlords as there houses will have to be a c or above. Equally with timber frame houses, 10 years ago we rendered none now id day we did 10 a year minimum, equally icf or durisol systems.

I think the co2 exhausted when cooking lime is all reabsorbed in the cure , cement it's fixed so no return