render

Status
Not open for further replies.
got 50 windows to put bands on, the house already has an exsisting dry dash which they want to keep, so will be using beads, thinking of using powerwalls smooth band, or a scratch render. whats your thoughts, what would you use, dont want to use sand cement want to be able to mix it with my paddle, which is a peice of s**t that i just bough from silverline, last one done me 2 year, this one is different its blue and ugly as fuk, going to get a decent german one soon so this will have to do for now. not used monocouch or com rend, would these be any use for the bands, thanks guys, been away working up north, bloody frozen up their.

no mate, its a block of flats i have just skimmed, they want me to come up with nice bands and big rendered shapes on the gables like the shape of an upside down house if you know what i mean, said to them that i would try and come up with a good one, pain in the kneck really but they put loads of work my way, they own half the town im in.

mono is great for bands dont use beads onto dash coat as it will leave gaps behind the bands use a profile frame and mono will go into the dash coat

Chose what gear you want to use and ring them you might need a base coat etc other than that it's just putting the beads up innit

Matey why dont you go for the smooth finish coloured render that goes on reveals when you do the dry dash finish such as mr or the krend one ?

i done this a few months ago . as said dont use beads they will show on the uneven pebble dash use timbers round the window and push your material right in , doing it this way just makes it look the part . the day after take the timbers off and just trim off anything which has squeezed under the timber ,i used rowebbs scotrend just an ocr they are based in glasgow

Monocouche is ok, maybe use some of that parex monorex with lanco latex in the mix for better adhesion. Use batterns that can be removed after you have scraped the finish and the edges can be scraped lightly and a stucco saw to remove the overlay that crept through behind your batterns

had a look again today, timber is a good idea, fix them to the wall i take it and fill the holes after, scotrend thats a new one i have the rowebb book its not in it.

got the timber on today, they have chosen arran wt scratch render by krend, the buildings in an awful mess could do with getting full scratch rendered, timber didnt match up at the top so had to pack them out where required, used sarking bloody boards only spare timber on site, going to be a joke of a job i think, also 2 diamond panels on the gables, does any o you guys know if i have to put a corner bead on as krend specify it, was hoping to have a render aris. i hate beads on corners. not done it with krend as its always been new houses that i have rendered with it, and beads are a must according to the site agents and krend. cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.