Render with silcon top coat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianspreader

Hello had a job come in which is on concrete block and requires a backing coat of some description and a 3mm perferabley Silcon top coat was just wondering which ones people would recomend and is sensibley prices really thanks for your help again Ian

Hello had a job come in which is on concrete block and requires a backing coat of some description and a 3mm perferabley Silcon top coat was just wondering which ones people would recomend and is sensibley prices really thanks for your help again Ian

Don't fancy using 3mm

Yer 3 or 2 mm would of been fine used a 3mm Baumit one this week but Baumit seems very expensive stuff what backing would you recomend on block work

Any backing will do. Just make sure it well primed to avoid suction.

Wouldn't fancy 3mm. Did 2mm once looked awful.

We done a gable around 60m2 and used about 8 tubs of 3mm nanopor but it matching a dashed house so I think the 2mm would look better for the job I have to do

Any backing will do. Just make sure it well primed to avoid suction.

Wouldn't fancy 3mm. Did 2mm once looked awful.

Finished a job yesterday with a dpr over parinter.
Didn't prime it as I wanted it to pull in to avoid a wash off if the weather turned.
By the end of play it was rock hard.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg But this job was timber frame with a render board I have never done one onto masonry before

You're right bobby I done a small extension with it and primed it for the 1.5 and it hung for ages

Finished a job yesterday with a dpr over parinter.
Didn't prime it as I wanted it to pull in to avoid a wash off if the weather turned.
By the end of play it was rock hard.
bobby whats DPR like to use, only used krend tc, its good kit but got job with parex spec, does the parinter float up ok,

bobby whats DPR like to use, only used krend tc, its good kit but got job with parex spec, does the parinter float up ok,

It's nice gear although you will pay top dollar for it,around a ton for 30kg.
If over paint I just keep the parinter @ around 4mm so don't float it,just spat/trowel it as you would basecoat.nice to sponge also as very grainy.
The acrylic will be hard by the end of olay also

does this work out cheaper than using hp12 0r up210 as a base.
CPI is about £ 5 per bag which does about 0.8m2, but you have to do 2 coat , hp12 in 1 coat bit more expensive but quicker, my pref is hp12 for thin coat

You can float it or spat it over, as long as you get it nice and flat then the top coat looks better

I know it's a bit riskier but would site mix with waterproofer be ok as long as it was primed only asking as client has asked me cheers ian

I mean like normal sand and cement knocked up on site with a mixer could Prob put a few fibres in. Cheers Bobby 
thought it was a new bagged render ,ive done a few in sand and cement but i always use mesh in the scratch coat but thats on old brick were ive hacked off

ocr and mesh is better obv dearer , end of the day .... Sand cement is harder for you , and 2 days for scratch and top with a few days between , do it in one and you know thats ready to go

Wbs ltd premium scrim adhesive with textured finish, £8.34 a bag plus vat does you 3m2 texture is £54 plus vat in white I would charge £35m2

Status
Not open for further replies.