Render that looks like wooden panels

Members online

No members online now.

John j

Mono Don
Can you get a render that looks like wooden panels when finished. Been a house done near us I drive by . (I.ll try and stop but its on main road and down want to get done for talking taking pics) I swear they put render on and it had lines in it . Now it looks like wood panels after its been paint. It's really hard to get a proper look where it is . If it is out render it looks amazing

Got to be wood. Doesn't show grain on pics

Attachments

• 20181201_092254.jpg
    20181201_092254.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 257
  • 20181201_092245.jpg
    20181201_092245.jpg
    640.6 KB · Views: 236
Got to be wood. Doesn't show grain on pics

it is cement board, you can purchase it smooth or with a grain, umpteen different colours.
planning officers don't like it in certain areas. one of my relations has had to remove it from her home in Leigh on sea, Essex. after paying £17,000 to have it fitted.
i have the dark grey on our conservatory.

it is cement board, you can purchase it smooth or with a grain, umpteen different colours.
planning officers don't like it in certain areas. one of my relations has had to remove it from her home in Leigh on sea, Essex. after paying £17,000 to have it fitted.
Ouch

the dark grey one is nice I did some white wet dash on other parts of building looks good

080208DF-572A-49F1-9B56-058E356EDA84.jpeg
Seen this whilst on hol last year at a water park, mint job. I like the render stone all painted up. Wouldn’t mind having the time to learn this stuff, to many aspects of plastering to learn, we spend a lifetime learning in our game then die still only knowing half of it.

View attachment 29328Seen this whilst on hol last year at a water park, mint job. I like the render stone all painted up. Wouldn’t mind having the time to learn this stuff, to many aspects of plastering to learn, we spend a lifetime learning in our game then die still only knowing half of it.
Am i not alone then when we go in to a hotel and wife says isn't it nice we reply plastering a bit rough

Looks like hardieplank to me. s**t picture though!

]Seen this whilst on hol last year at a water park, mint job. I like the render stone all painted up. Wouldn’t mind having the time to learn this stuff, to many aspects of plastering to learn, we spend a lifetime learning in our game then die still only knowing half of it.

there was plenty of info about this type of render on TPF, it was called 'wallcrete' by up north proper.

Am i not alone then when we go in to a hotel and wife says isn't it nice we reply plastering a bit rough
Tapping on the walls saying it’s metal stud gyproc plank laid down, 15mm soundbloc willy one coated and can still hear their breakfast smashing the toilet pan followed by rustling of bog roll.

Tapping on the walls saying it’s metal stud gyproc plank laid down, 15mm soundbloc willy one coated and can still hear their breakfast smashing the toilet pan followed by rustling of bog roll.
Don’t know what kind of hotels you stay at geez but they sound like s**t holes! Lol.

This could well be render. I missed out training on this recently but I am trying to get on to the next one if there will ever be a next one. It was a Polish Company.

it''s probably wallcrete as @macl says, there's a few on here who can do it. Warrior up North had some pictures off big jobs he had used it on.

This could well be render. I missed out training on this recently but I am trying to get on to the next one if there will ever be a next one. It was a Polish Company.
I swear I drove by and it looked rendered but with lines in.

Good idea re knocking on the door, I'd have to, to satisfy my curiosity! It looks similar finish / process as in the elephant house at Chester zoo ... cement based wood look, skilled job!
I think it looks good / rustic, be sure to let us know please if you do knock!?

think the zoo one will be a repro taken off an original wood structure .remade with fibre glass castinthis then mounted to rigid frame and placed in front of a shutter and poured then finished with similar to what goes on printed driveways

oh dear