Render repair

Members online

berni

Looking for some advice if anyone can help! Render on my 3 bedroom semi has lots of cracks and small areas have blown. Getting quotes for repair and guy suggested covering in mesh and finishing with a thin k-rend coat. There were another couple of coats, priming I think and something else. He confirmed present render is generally sound and this sounds a more attractive option than the mess involved in removal and starting again. Does anyone have any experience of this fix? Is it a good option? Really grateful for any guidance. Thanks in advance.

I have done this. The existing render was crazed all over but solid. The company who supplied the materials was called SPS Envirowall and they specced a primer of sbr 1:1 with water, another applied on the day of rendering in time for it to have gone tacky but not dry and a thin coat of high polymer thin coat render fully meshed and left flat.

On drying fully out it was the primed with silicone primer and a 1.5mm silicone finish.

That was 8 years ago and it still looks good.

I have done this. The existing render was crazed all over but solid. The company who supplied the materials was called SPS Envirowall and they specced a primer of sbr 1:1 with water, another applied on the day of rendering in time for it to have gone tacky but not dry and a thin coat of high polymer thin coat render fully meshed and left flat.

On drying fully out it was the primed with silicone primer and a 1.5mm silicone finish.

That was 8 years ago and it still looks good.

A firm I know just got bumped for 12k kicked off site because of 1 rendered wall that was ropey.
12 pallets of boards delivered onsite aswell mate.

Apparently the rendered wall was straight as you pull onto site first thing you see.