Render Quote Lincolnshire

Jamie_998

I am looking for a plasterer to do the render on my self build in the not too distant future. If there are any on here in the area of Louth, Lincolnshire that would be interested in quoting for the job that would be great. PM me and we can go from there.

Thanks

Jamie

I am looking for a plasterer to do the render on my self build in the not too distant future. If there are any on here in the area of Louth, Lincolnshire that would be interested in quoting for the job that would be great. PM me and we can go from there.

Thanks

Jamie
Unable to pm you till you've posted a few more times and get clearance from the strict administrator aka
Heil @Danny fyi

Thanks

Jamie

post up some more information and a few more posts and the PM feature will open up :D

Only just seen this.. So more info on the job -
Surface to be rendered = approx 126m2

At the minute I have written down K Rend HP12 base coat, K Rend Primer TC, K Rend Silicone TC15, K Pro Sealer.

The substrate for most of the job is blockwork, there are a few dormers which I want to render so they will need render carrier boards fitting. I've got Knauf Aquapanel written down, approx 30m2.

Cracking between the blockwork and Aquapanel is not an issue as they are seperated by some brickwork detailing so can be treated as two seperate areas.

At the minute I am trying to line up all the contractors I need so I can ensure there is deconfliction where there is some overlap between tradesmen. i.e. in this instance when the dormers are battened out/render board fitted etc. around what the roofer does. My roofer was talking about laying the first line of tiles so he can run the leadwork up the dormer cheeks in order to then allow the plasterer to fit render boards over/render the cheeks. I don't know yet if this is how the plasterer want the job to go so the sooner I have everyone on board the sooner I can sort things like this out.

Hopefully this gives a better idea of what the job is.

Cheers

Jamie

Almost perfect but no mention of brew and biscuits rate

Not sure about brew and biscuits, but I do have a rather large hoary man in a pulp fiction style gimp suit armed with a big stick should anyone be caught slacking:sorprendido3:

On another note, I do have an outside toilet all nicely plumbed in with a proper porcelain toilet and sink - no green thunder boxes here, however any skidders left behind are the contractors responsibilities:cool:

@Jamie998 - you’d be better to get the roof slated/tiled before any rendering - the tonnes of weight from the roof tiles sits the house down, that’s when there’s more chance of cracking.

Yeah I agree. The roof will go on first and then the blockwork will get thrown up followed by render last.

With the dormers though, as they sit above the roof line and are stand alone items it may be easier to get them rendered before the roof is fully covered in tiles so there is clear space for the plasterer to stand/work.

The roof is covered in osb so can be stood on in an untitled state easy enough.

At the very least I would imagine it's easier to mess about fitting counterbattens/render carrier boards without having to step all over roof tiles?‍♂️

Yeah I agree. The roof will go on first and then the blockwork will get thrown up followed by render last.

With the dormers though, as they sit above the roof line and are stand alone items it may be easier to get them rendered before the roof is fully covered in tiles so there is clear space for the plasterer to stand/work.

The roof is covered in osb so can be stood on in an untitled state easy enough.

At the very least I would imagine it's easier to mess about fitting counterbattens/render carrier boards without having to step all over roof tiles?‍♂
Has anyone got in touch and would you be up for an alternative manufacturer spec of the same spec from krend

Only just seen this.. So more info on the job -
Surface to be rendered = approx 126m2

At the minute I have written down K Rend HP12 base coat, K Rend Primer TC, K Rend Silicone TC15, K Pro Sealer.

The substrate for most of the job is blockwork, there are a few dormers which I want to render so they will need render carrier boards fitting. I've got Knauf Aquapanel written down, approx 30m2.

Cracking between the blockwork and Aquapanel is not an issue as they are seperated by some brickwork detailing so can be treated as two seperate areas.

At the minute I am trying to line up all the contractors I need so I can ensure there is deconfliction where there is some overlap between tradesmen. i.e. in this instance when the dormers are battened out/render board fitted etc. around what the roofer does. My roofer was talking about laying the first line of tiles so he can run the leadwork up the dormer cheeks in order to then allow the plasterer to fit render boards over/render the cheeks. I don't know yet if this is how the plasterer want the job to go so the sooner I have everyone on board the sooner I can sort things like this out.

Hopefully this gives a better idea of what the job is.

Cheers

Jamie
Shame you're not in Essex, we don't get many organised, straight thinking clients like you. I wish you well.

Has anyone got in touch and would you be up for an alternative manufacturer spec of the same spec from krend
No one has been in touch yet, I thought there may be a couple of bites of here. I guess no one in the area.

I'm happy to consider other options - which manufacturer/product are you suggesting?

Shame you're not in Essex, we don't get many organised, straight thinking clients like you. I wish you well.
I’m thinking the same mate tbh I have traveled to Lincolnshire a few times to do empty properties for folks I worked for before, stayed there at the job on one and at a local travel lodge at another while I got the jobs done , I priced up a similar spec he has posted last week using Smet instead of krend , more cost effective and same results

I’m thinking the same mate tbh I have traveled to Lincolnshire a few times to do empty properties for folks I worked for before, stayed there at the job on one and at a local travel lodge at another while I got the jobs done , I priced up a similar spec he has posted last week using Smet instead of krend , more cost effective and same results

SMET is not something I have heard off before (which as I'm not a plasterer doesn't mean much!), I will have a look into it.

KRend was what I wrote down when estimating costings etc for my build as their brand name is well known.

Ok - I'm easy with what is used as long as it is good stuff and looks good when finished. So does anyone want to quote for the work :cool:

Not sure about brew and biscuits, but I do have a rather large hoary man in a pulp fiction style gimp suit armed with a big stick should anyone be caught slacking:sorprendido3:

On another note, I do have an outside toilet all nicely plumbed in with a proper porcelain toilet and sink - no green thunder boxes here, however any skidders left behind are the contractors responsibilities:cool:

You big softie - you should take a leaf out of that chinky brickie who did the great wall of China.

Get caught dossing on that job and you ended up walled in by the end of the day.

Now THAT'S how to keep skiving to a minimum.