Render over render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Been asked to render an area of about 10m2 over existing render. The exisitng render is completely sound, the bloke just don't like the finish. He after a smooth render. It has a couple of corners. I was going to scutch the area for a key, sbr, and 5;1 mix on top. Will this be ok?

Cheers

Yer why not, are you giving it a one coat wonder. Myself would not bother with sbr kill the suction pva and I dont give a feck what you think LOL

if you put sbr in your base coat and leave it to dry you have no suction or very little. You have 3 barrows of gear to mix thats all just put your base coat on and double up same day. If you start knocking on it you may well open up hair line cracks.

well you know brum the render just sags and sits there on painted surface. A cheap way wicks WBA or I have been told sm700 is the dogs . And also it's hollow soundinging over painted surface.

you want to put more render on top of an existing.. old render could be up to 25mm, would it take all that weight? just a thought, i'd hack it off

I did this a couple of weeks ago and ran my grinder(with stone blade)over the original render to give it a key,pva,tight first coat,then a tight topcoat,went great,done a dusted in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.