Render over ply

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodplasterer

Right i have a job to do its not alot only 16m2 and its over ply is there any systems that can be used as they want a scraped render there aint room for insulation as the facial board is about 10mm from the ply also the ends are block and there is a cavity which i have been told by the builder they are gonna put closures over plus the use of riblath wont work either as again with the facial being so tight.

best bet might be to use a thin coat system of parex maite with mesh in it and a sand coarse top which will be thin, lightweight and flexible but you takes ur chances on wood mate....cement board would be better with maite and mesh with monorex 10mm

I thought this might be the case i have done a few with building paper and riblathe but never had to with a thin coat system also worried about the cavity closures on the ends the whole job seems dodgy to me as the builders that are there are the 3rd lot to be on the job its a big job if we get all the other work and its in a lap dancing club :)

As above bod laa, nothing can be gauranteed onto wood but I would put sm700 or maite if you really really have to

Is there a minimum overhang you need for facias? Forbuilding regs blah blah they've f**k*d right up mate tell them what needs doing or get an instruction in writing before you start

Ive had it with them before they did a small extension out of ply and put expamet straight onto the ply i told them it wont work which fell on deaf ears as apparentley the architect had a drawing with this design which they followed to the t, when we rendered it the whole lot cracked exactley what i told them would happen any way they asked me what could be done with it i said it had to come off and be done properly so they just flicked it with tyrolean lol.

strange subject this cos in florida all the 2nd storey of houses were ply wood and we used to render every one.the difference being there eml always came with a backing paper more like a thin felt this was stapled to the ply over lapped even at the soffitts and there was never a problem.we scratched and top coated that is all.some spreads used to add perlite to there mix for the scratch coat which really made it lightweight without affecting its strenght brilliant on highrib or eml,ive tried finding large bags here but cant.
i ll try and find a link to the eml in america not much help but at least you will see it

Status
Not open for further replies.