Render on Timber Frame Extension

Members online

Leejoe80

Morning All,

Just looking for some advice on render to new timber frame extension.

The intention is to use timber frame as opposed to block due to load, so would like to get options on Do’s and Dont’s etc.

My initial concern is the movement in the timber and how well the render will stand up to it over the the different seasons?

what’s the best backing board to use?

Is there a preferable method to use, sand and cement, silicone etc and if the latter which product?

Any other help and advise would be appreciated, I’ll be doing the carpentry work and will get a spread in for the work but just wanted to be slightly clued up before proceeding.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Lee

Attachments

• DD68B55D-B067-4773-BAC0-3E0BE36BD71D.png
    DD68B55D-B067-4773-BAC0-3E0BE36BD71D.png
    249.3 KB · Views: 202
Thanks Malc - what thin coat product is your go to?

Is there a lot of flexibility in the system, as I’m worried that frame being timber is naturally going to move.

Morning All,

The intention is to use timber frame as opposed to block due to load, so would like to get options on Do’s and Dont’s etc.

My initial concern is the movement in the timber and how well the render will stand up to it over the the different seasons?

Is there a preferable method to use, sand and cement, silicone etc and if the latter which product?

Any other help and advise would be appreciated, I’ll be doing the carpentry work and will get a spread in for the work but just wanted to be slightly clued up before proceeding.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Lee
@Casper
@tapit

Thanks Malc - what thin coat product is your go to?

Is there a lot of flexibility in the system, as I’m worried that frame being timber is naturally going to move.

if you think that the frame may move you can cover both the internal and the external in sheets of ply. this gives the building great strength.
the aqua panel has the joints meshed the the complete aqua panels meshed. the thin coat systems are modified polymer and all very similar.
i would choose a 1.5 grit acrylic finish. the smaller grit are to much like paint. either a rubbed open finish or a stipple finish these are available in most colours .

Morning All,

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Lee
100% not @ Cockney1.

Morning All,

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Lee
Our recommendation would be Knauf Aquapanel as the cement board.

At PRB we offer both a thin coat option and a Lightweight Monocouche option for this type of system. If you would like any further information, please email: info@prbsystems.co.uk and our team will be ready to assist