Render meshing interior walls

Staff online

Members online

John j

Mono Don
Done a wall in a bathroom few weeks back with mesh and bonding as it was a bit knackered. Just wondered if it was 100 percent fail proof to use this method on a old solid wall with hair line cracks . @zombie Some of your wisdom please

Done a wall in a bathroom few weeks back with mesh and bonding as it was a bit knackered. Just wondered if it was 100 percent fail proof to use this method on a old solid wall with hair line cracks . @zombie Some of your wisdom please
It's a brilliant job

You can shop around for mesh John but quality is very noticeable on some these you can buy on net! Sas ,knauf brands good but pricey I get my mesh from Mike Wye 2.5 4 or 10 mm he does 2.5 ideal for internal gypsum have a look on his site bud, always quality gear!
Screenshot_20190718-172930.png

Imo quality mesh is something I don't mind paying extra for good mesh is a pleasure to work with shite mesh just makes the job hard work!
I.m gonna recommend this all time . Rather then remove . Suppose only prob is skirting g and coving

I've been using (good) render mesh for couple of years now on interiors. I rarely use standard scrim on anything now, just cut strips for plasterboard joints and staple. Cuts down on cracking massively. If you skim iffy Victorian you can put pboard adhesive on as 1st coat and bed mesh in... even stronger. Don't buy the cheap stuff , it frays and is ballache. I use lifitek pro from Amaroc.