Render Manufacturers

Jgreenplastering

Private Member
Myself personally I'm exclusive to Parex.
They have all the products I seem to need/use for the work I do.

Used to used Weber but they only have rend aid for re-renders and I hate how sticky it is although good gear.

Don't like K-Rend, only used it once as had to match to existing.

Had some samples from SAS other day day, beads are good but I think if it's not broke why fix it!?

Now I know a lot of guys on here have talked about various manufactures and so my question is why use so many different ones?

Do you not have favourites?
I know the site guys will just follow spec but for you domestics like me do you just give one option or various and I don't mean the finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lile Kilsaren / Ceresit but they have left the UK Now Parex but dabble with others.

Tried Johnstones lately. Good ewi stuff.

I know your a man who's tried many John.
Any reason why?

I know you used to use Weber I'm guessing you had issues they didn't want to help with so that's fair enough. Have you been on a quest ever since?

Don't use pro rend, horrible stuff. Thought Webber was good, had a go on k rend and that was easy. I'm a bit of a novice on these new renders though. Got a job coming up that I'll be involved in, scatting parex, so that will be a new one for me.

the local councils spec a different manufactures of ewi for each contract so that they cannot be seen to have favourites and that everything is above board.

Does anyone else think that some of the new renders look s**t after a few years, taking into account they are coloured renders they seem to discolour and hold the dirt pretty bad.

Reactions: Mag
I know your a man who's tried many John.
Any reason why?

I know you used to use Weber I'm guessing you had issues they didn't want to help with so that's fair enough. Have you been on a quest ever since?

I like to try others. Kilsaren was a good price as I bought direct. They was excellent on service.

It is service first then price and quality.

Parex is ok but nothing to get excited about. Maite is horrible to use. Sticks well though.

I like to try others. Kilsaren was a good price as I bought direct. They was excellent on service.

Parex is ok but nothing to get excited about. Maite is horrible to use. Sticks well though.

Yea see I've had nothing but help from Peter the Parex Rep.
Always there. I'll wait to have a problem and then see how good the service is though.

I quite like Maite. Was using the other day and spread quite nice.

Is kilsaran gone from Manchester.

Parex as I worked for them for a bit as a demonstrator and find them hard to beat on price ,quality.
Enewall,weber, k rend, sas, Sto, marmorit , we use them all on a regular basis.
I do a lot for big developers that have tie ins with certain manufacturers (as some get kick backs from the manufacturers in some cases up to 5% of gross) so I have to be approved for them all really.
I know all the reps well aswell, pays to keep in with them as they rarely leave the industry they just work for different manufacturers within the industry.
But today I'm using none as sat at home with a hangover after celebrating the England victory,and the Northern Ireland result, slept on the sofa after coming in late and having a barny with the wife ,so I've creaked my neck as well to boot.
Professional renderer ..? Pah don't believe it.

If you use a good quality uv resistant sealer on completion there'll be no issues. It's just taking steps to future proof it aswell from any markings ie any metal fixings are stainless or aluminium, copings sealed etc.

On domestics I always get the, 'o that k rend goes really dirty though doesn't it?'
I then explain we use Parex and always spec Paraguard if they want it to look good as long as possible.

It takes about half a day to spray the average house and is about £1 m2 material costs.
I use a fence pump spray to put it on bottom up.
Only been using it the last year so not sure how good it is!
Owls do you rate it? How do you apply it?

Parex and weber mainly
Had a couple of jobs with Krend but it's horrible product and even worse company to deal with

On domestics I always get the, 'o that k rend goes really dirty though doesn't it?'
I then explain we use Parex and always spec Paraguard if they want it to look good as long as possible.

It takes about half a day to spray the average house and is about £1 m2 material costs.

Paraguards good but over priced it's dearer than vodka, I just use one of the garden mister pumps.

Can you not just spray it like you would a car?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Paraguards good but over priced it's dearer than vodka, I just use one of the garden mister pumps.

What do you use? I've read about you boys sealing work but i've never even seen a tub of sealer. We do a few dashing and think coat jobs will a sealer work on dashing also?

How long do they last?

I think Danny means like an airless sprayer. It can carry in the wind then though. Even on a day with light wind.

It sprays without air
[emoji23][emoji23]. You pilock!

How are they better than a cheap pump for the purpose of spraying the sealer on the walls though?
That's what I'm getting at.
I'll buy one if there that good but want someone that's not on a power cord and is easy to use.