Render conundrum

Marsh

Hi Guy

I’m sure you’ve heard it a million times but we are struggling to decide a finish for our new build which is very traditional. My wife wanted sand and cement rubbed up but have seen others done that way showing ghosting of blocks. Have been looking at Weberplast TF but would welcome any advice the guys in the know could give.

many thanks in advance

Hi Guy

I’m sure you’ve heard it a million times but we are struggling to decide a finish for our new build which is very traditional. My wife wanted sand and cement rubbed up but have seen others done that way showing ghosting of blocks. Have been looking at Weberplast TF but would welcome any advice the guys in the know could give.

many thanks in advance
Are you doing it yourself if not go through with your render guy get some samples of what he can do

Hi Guy

many thanks in advance
Weberplast tf is a thin coat render more modern finish have a look at monocouche rough casting suits traditional new builds

Look around your street that has not long had rendering done or drive around your area see a render finish you both like, on a similar house. Knock the door and ask who did the work and if they are happy with the work.
No good plasterer would have blockwork grinning (ghosting) through. Possible cause one coat work, applied too thin or too much suction.
The best lasting render finish is rough cast. does not look the best on large areas. As I do not have to do the job, I would say white rough cast/ wet dash/harling depending where b*****d to hack-off, even when its years old and a messy finish to apply.
Good idea to ask a plasterer forum for the best render finish.

Don’t know what age your house is but I just rendered my own house built 1950s in a Weber monocouche I think it’s looking nice , I’ll seal it in a few months in better weather, I do agree with the above also Roughcast is a great finish too
433D014B-37BF-4A56-98D9-6CB07B272FDA.jpeg

Was gonna thin coat mine but fell out with look now. Been told to rough cast but not warm on look. At min going for that k rend with little twinkles in it

Was gonna thin coat mine but fell out with look now. Been told to rough cast but not warm on look. At min going for that k rend with little twinkles in it
Just find someone that'll do you a decent job with sand and cement mate. Ask zombie, he's bound to know someone.