Render board

Deeja

Hello,
I've built a block extension which I'm going to render with sand& cement to match the house. I'm also fitting a bifold, but I've got about a 5" gap between the top of the door and the lintel and I was planning on using a piece of render board to fill it. I'm concerned that I'm going to have issues when I come to render as I've read that renderboard should use a lightweight thinner render and not sand and cement, like the walls next to it. Am I taking the wrong approach or will it be ok with the sand and cement render?
Thanks

Hello,
I've built a block extension which I'm going to render with sand& cement to match the house. I'm also fitting a bifold, but I've got about a 5" gap between the top of the door and the lintel and I was planning on using a piece of render board to fill it. I'm concerned that I'm going to have issues when I come to render as I've read that renderboard should use a lightweight thinner render and not sand and cement, like the walls next to it. Am I taking the wrong approach or will it be ok with the sand and cement render?
Thanks
1698580414810.jpeg