Render board advice

Members online

thebigfella

Hi got a couple of dormer Windows to board and render and need some advice, what board would you recommend?
I'm using weber lac base and full mesh would you advise a primer before finishing with weber sil tf ?

we use knauf aquaboard. scrim any joints, the base coat and scrim, thincoat to a float finish, left to cure, primer, left to cure, 1.5 acrylic finish.
a long winded job but looks great.
Yeah it does sound a long winded would i still need to scrim joints if im meshing the whole panels ?

And is there another system i could use instead ? Would mono be to heavy on aquaboard ?

Yeah it does sound a long winded would i still need to scrim joints if im meshing the whole panels ?

And is there another system i could use instead ? Would mono be to heavy on aquaboard ?

Hi mate

See a link to the Aquapanel Exterior Brochure below (In my signature)

Search for Weber's Weber.rend MT System for their details

Weber have tested their MT System onto Knauf Aquapanel Exterior without the tape and jointing. If you are doing a big area best to get a system spec - dorma areas are not big areas....

If you are going to leave the Aquapanel Exterior without the basecoat for more than 6 weeks, best to tape and joint to weather proof the wall

Get on touch if you want more assistance

Good luck

Richard Lord
Knauf

acrylic is quick, and thin so no weight, less mess and looks good. dont even think about mono.
we always scim the joints, the suction is high, but do not use sbr or pva. on a small job you could scrim joints base coat, scrim, and top coat all in the same day. then leave to cure, we leave for 2 weeks, apply primer we leave again for 2 weeks to cure then bucket coat.

acrylic is quick, and thin so no weight, less mess and looks good. dont even think about mono.
we always scim the joints, the suction is high, but do not use sbr or pva. on a small job you could scrim joints base coat, scrim, and top coat all in the same day. then leave to cure, we leave for 2 weeks, apply primer we leave again for 2 weeks to cure then bucket coat.
Thanks spoke to customers today he also wants his garage which is bloke and brick will the MT system work on them ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate

See a link to the Aquapanel Exterior Brochure below (In my signature)

Search for Weber's Weber.rend MT System for their details

Weber have tested their MT System onto Knauf Aquapanel Exterior without the tape and jointing. If you are doing a big area best to get a system spec - dorma areas are not big areas....

If you are going to leave the Aquapanel Exterior without the basecoat for more than 6 weeks, best to tape and joint to weather proof the wall

Get on touch if you want more assistance

Good luck

Richard Lord
Knauf

Cheers pal

Thanks spoke to customers today he also wants his garage which is bloke and brick will the MT system work on them ?

just base coat scrim and top coat on to the block/ brickwork, prime and bucket coat. 1.5 acrylic is best, you will need a blue handled plastic trowel from refina to finish 1.5.

Ha ha ha cheers glad I didn't try and order one lol

Thanks for all the advice no doubt I'll be back asking more questions as I've not used this system before

add a little water with the acrylic, then give it a good mix so that you can apply it

Ive finally got some top cot on and it looks bang on and the customer is very happy will get some pictures when the scaffold is dropped thanks for all the advice

Finally finished the job the other week
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1476125178.145151.jpg

Excellent looking job marra

I hope the rest of the street follows suit
Had some southern gadgie phone me about my valuable input using Aquapanel marra................he's even gonna pay me some coin for a phone survey. Gonna have some fun with him trying to understand me northern twang. its a canny bag a tudor this aquapanal caper, marra

Had some southern gadgie phone me about my valuable input using Aquapanel marra................he's even gonna pay me some coin for a phone survey. Gonna have some fun with him trying to understand me northern twang. its a canny bag a tudor this aquapanal caper, marra
Wassseesayin?

I have no idea what you wrote there Marra..... is it sort of English...? LOL

....That said, I am adding the word "Gadgie" to my list of words to use now....

Can I refer to one of our telephone operatives at HO as a Gadgie? or is it rude like?

gadgie
In the North of scotland gadgie is a term used to describe a man, it has the same meaning in the North of england. It is also used in the fife/tayside area for another word for a ned/chav/mink.
That gadgie sitting in the corner is a knob.

That is that then.... A Man - most likely a Knob.... PMSL