Removing skim from tough coat

So I’ve recently bought a 60’s property and removed the wallpaper from one of the bedrooms. Whilst doing this the skin coat on some areas of the walls started crumbling off as the skim coat was blown. As this is our ‘forever home’ I thought I’ll take all the skim coat off back to the tough coat and start again. As I’ve worked through this some areas of the skim coat are not budging easily, so I have a few questions.
1) should I leave the areas of good plaster and let the plasterer patch around it or get rid of it all back to tough coat and Start with a blank canvas?
2) will using a spade SDS attachment on a drill to take the skim coat off damage the tough coat underneath? (I’ve been using a wallpaper scraper and doing it manually until now)
3) does anyone have any advice / tips as I have to tackle the adjoining room to this Next and don’t want to create more work for myself.
Thanks all

I would leave the tough bits on just creating more work, what I usually do is give the backing coat 2 generous coats of pva then give it 2 coats of tight bonding let it pull in and then float it to give it a key then 2 coats of skim over all it to finish it nicely,you can also just pva the backing coat and skim it but I find this can lead to crazing at times

So I’ve recently bought a 60’s property and removed the wallpaper from one of the bedrooms. Whilst doing this the skin coat on some areas of the walls started crumbling off as the skim coat was blown. As this is our ‘forever home’ I thought I’ll take all the skim coat off back to the tough coat and start again. As I’ve worked through this some areas of the skim coat are not budging easily, so I have a few questions.
1) should I leave the areas of good plaster and let the plasterer patch around it or get rid of it all back to tough coat and Start with a blank canvas?
2) will using a spade SDS attachment on a drill to take the skim coat off damage the tough coat underneath? (I’ve been using a wallpaper scraper and doing it manually until now)
3) does anyone have any advice / tips as I have to tackle the adjoining room to this Next and don’t want to create more work for myself.
Thanks all
Step aside, I’ll take the reins on this one lads.

Just call a well recommended local plasterer and let him do his job while you make the tea and bacon sarnies! (y)

Thanks all
Get some one in who no’s what they are doing if it’s your forever home.