Removing paper from Lath a plaster

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I need to get the paper of a L & P ceiling so I can skim, whats the best way to do this... also only have a day really on it!!

CHeers

Danny

From experiance i would overboard it,you run the risk of loosening it off the lathes if you steam and scrape away at it.I always dread that hard trowel on lathe and plaster the one when you can feel the ceiling moving up and down.

Slap a thin coat of skimming on it if you aint bothered about the mess. Always fetches the paper off when I'm patching :mad:

why did you agree to taking it of in the first place???your mad i stay well away from wall paper especialy on ceilings..how much extra did you charge for removing paper??if you dnt ming me asking???

I would go with the over board option, knock a few holes find the joists and wack 6x3's up, the easiest way on your own and looks like your doing alot more work, so you can charge that bit xtra ;D

I always have good prices on my jobs. I have charged £300, the ceiling is not that big about 8m2
They did not want it overboarded, but I did tell them that if it came down then plasterboarding is the way to go!

I gonna scrape and damp sponge and we will see... oh the joy!!

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.