Removal and making good of coving on tanked walls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a job coming up which requires a back to flat on an artex ceiling which has coving fitted to the perimeter.

This all good apart from the fact the walls are tanked and drylined (basement room, near a river). I'm planning on hooking out coving, bonding the void and feathering in with finish.

Client would rather not re-skim whole room which is what would be perfect solution if replacing boarding at ceiling line!

Anyone done a similar job? Any info welcome.

cheers

hi, dont use bonding as it attracts moisture,i would cut it down about a foot from the ceiling ,fix some studs or battern if needed and re plasterboard & skim

@ Fat Boy Skim; a re skim would be the easiest solution, client not keen on spending more dollar though :mad:.

@Dansouthcoast84; That was my concern with the boarding, i would probably stick it.

either way, i'm hesitant to do the bonding strip around room as could look like s**t at the end of day! but what can you do if they don't except that doing the whole room is the best option...give it to someone else to deal with!

Have they stopped the damp proofing where it meets the Coving, cant see what the prob would be the Coving will be attached to dry lining

@ Fat Boy Skim; a re skim would be the easiest solution, client not keen on spending more dollar though :mad:.

@Dansouthcoast84; That was my concern with the boarding, i would probably stick it.

either way, i'm hesitant to do the bonding strip around room as could look like s**t at the end of day! but what can you do if they don't except that doing the whole room is the best option...give it to someone else to deal with!
less of the fat mate,i was not on about a total re skim ,just blen it in a foot down?

Haha fat boy skim., catchy, i like it. Hes rite.dab board.scrim ceiling line then feather in after join in boards.then its upto them.if they dnt like it then game on for wall reskim

Status
Not open for further replies.