Reinforced paper tape for normal tapered joint?

I thought that would true in a static situation but in this case its going to be moved around and the thinking was mesh tape would be stronger under tension than paper tape.

Yea I wonder if the scrim has more give for movement.

What about scrim on the bare joints and then paper tape over joint compound. Anyone ever used both at the same time?

I would have thought ordinary ames tape would do the job, can't see any advantages in using corner tape. The metal in corner tape would probably be a weak point in a flat/tapered joint.
maybe he should join the AA just in case the wall breaks up or down

Mid joists , have I mentioned that before
This method doesn't require tapered boards
The idea of allowing the structure to withstand flexing , which it won't on taper part because of its thickness
2 mm will flex

Yea I wonder if the scrim has more give for movement.

What about scrim on the bare joints and then paper tape over joint compound. Anyone ever used both at the same time?
for-fucks-sake.jpeg

Close enough, it is for a gallery
If it’s for a gallery this is your op to show-case plastering. Section off the curved wall in vertical sections - start the 1st section with lath & cowshit - make sure it’s just a plain cowpat splatted onto the lath, then lath & lime, then float & set and finishing with pb & skim. Leave it half done in sections - the arty mob will spend hours philosophising this ‘work of art’. With that on show you could be up for a few commissions.

Mid joists , have I mentioned that before
This method doesn't require tapered boards
The idea of allowing the structure to withstand flexing , which it won't on taper part because of its thickness
2 mm will flex
He hasn't got any joists but if he did, that would be great advice

If it’s for a gallery this is your op to show-case plastering. Section off the curved wall in vertical sections - start the 1st section with lath & cowshit - make sure it’s just a plain cowpat splatted onto the lath, then lath & lime, then float & set and finishing with pb & skim. Leave it half done in sections - the arty mob will spend hours philosophising this ‘work of art’. With that on show you could be up for a few commissions.
Tape first or scrim...or both?

Could be on to something here

@zombie is right, forget plastering - board and lining paper. Client of mine is setting up a media studio with movable screens but he doesn't need to mount pictures etc on it, so its basically fabric over something like hardboard or closed cell foam boards.

@zombie is right, forget plastering - board and lining paper. Client of mine is setting up a media studio with movable screens but he doesn't need to mount pictures etc on it, so its basically fabric over something like hardboard or closed cell foam boards.
Your both spoiling our fun

That was me and I realised when I was dividing up a video studio.

I was thinking lightweight bricks and plasterboard and stuff and then a studio guy pointed out that we're not building. Get busy with lightweight materials but if our friend Jack is determined to fail with plaster then I wish him luck.

I'm out

Now look what you've done @Jack McCombe , are you happy to know your post has upset the steveeo , he may never return , I only hope you can find forgiveness

Trouble is that he's taken on the job telling the client that he can deliver what's required, but what's required is basic carpentry skills not plastering. He's been told the correct way by our f**k**g resident janitor and doesn't want to listen.

I thought that would true in a static situation but in this case its going to be moved around and the thinking was mesh tape would be stronger under tension than paper tape.

I always thought the same but I was at @knauf and they showed me why it is not the case. The trouble with paper tape is that they need to be bedded in and as we all know people are lazy

I always thought the same but I was at @knauf and they showed me why it is not the case. The trouble with paper tape is that they need to be bedded in and as we all know people are lazy
You're not wrong the amount of paper tape I've pulled of reskims that were previously taped is ridiculous. So I've always looked at it as lower than dog s**t.

You're not wrong the amount of paper tape I've pulled of reskims that were previously taped is ridiculous. So I've always looked at it as lower than dog s**t.
Same for me , but I assumed it was paper not being soaked properly

Trouble is that he's taken on the job telling the client that he can deliver what's required, but what's required is basic carpentry skills not plastering. He's been told the correct way by our f**k**g resident janitor and doesn't want to listen.
I wouldn't say there are any particular expectations on what I produce - I don't exactly have a client on this one. I'm just interested in seeing what is possible.

absolute shite method
cheap labour
cost about £1 materials a square metre
disgustingly apparent when the light hits its
shows its joints.

50p a metre to skim materials with more labour costs
without any problems

there's simply no difference

I wouldn't say there are any particular expectations on what I produce - I don't exactly have a client on this one. I'm just interested in seeing what is possible.
Then stop thinking about plastering it. It's clearly the wrong construction for a moveable wall.

absolute shite method
cheap labour
cost about £1 materials a square metre
disgustingly apparent when the light hits its
shows its joints.

50p a metre to skim materials with more labour costs
without any problems

there's simply no difference
What are you waffling about Chris?

if you don't swing out the fckn bucket hits you !, you let go and fall, and the bucket lands on top of you. Used to be a UK song about doing that with a wheelbarrow of bricks.