Refina spray pumps

Members online

Lol have you 2 met before? Anyways I looked into these and still not ruled out getting a small one they do tbh,i have seen a few of the models on youtube etc being used and do like the look. Most will advice Ritmo or the mtec mate as both have good after service and they both also are compact ,multi application use and have proven long-term use of life, my only comment I can make about the Refina models is I found it hard to even arrange a demonstration of products and haven't a clue what the after sales or back up would be , having said that I sure they probably as good in those terms as other 2 mentioned.

Anyone use the refina spray machines all these topics about the ritmo just wondered how they compare?

We have recently had customers visit us to purchase M-tec M200's - both were previous owners of these machines.

In all honesty, I would recommend talking to established machine dealers and brands, M-tec and PFT and the leaders in the UK market. We also offer our own EZE Range for conveying machines.

I've got a rafina screw spray pump and It works well
I've only sprayed jun 1.5mm but leave a tidy job.
Have sprayed hp 14 and it does me well.
I know I need to mix the mortar up first then feed the hopper but it's never been a problem plus no horror story's of low water pressure problems.
If you were doing big commercial jobs then a pump that mixed it would be better. Another thing I like when spraying 1.5mm I can spray the reveals and awkward bits with the trigger control that lets it spray slowly

Lol have you 2 met before? Anyways I looked into these and still not ruled out getting a small one they do tbh,i have seen a few of the models on youtube etc being used and do like the look. Most will advice Ritmo or the mtec mate as both have good after service and they both also are compact ,multi application use and have proven long-term use of life, my only comment I can make about the Refina models is I found it hard to even arrange a demonstration of products and haven't a clue what the after sales or back up would be , having said that I sure they probably as good in those terms as other 2 mentioned.
You can get a demo for the rafina at AMAROC in Swindon that's were I got my screw pump from

What's your setup at the minute, what do you mainly spray?
I have been using a lot of Jub I've been spraying the basecoat and 1.5 mm top coat. I know there is a few people that say it's daft if you have to mix it first then put it in the hopper.
But you should let the basecoat stand for 5 mins then mix it again you couldn't do that with one that mixes and sprays.
Am still quicker using my pump than using buckets and carrying up scaffolding.
I mix up to 7 bags in my bongo that's plenty to be getting on with

I have been using a lot of Jub I've been spraying the basecoat and 1.5 mm top coat. I know there is a few people that say it's daft if you have to mix it first then put it in the hopper.
But you should let the basecoat stand for 5 mins then mix it again you couldn't do that with one that mixes and sprays.
I ended up letting my Eze go. Found thin coat much easier by hand. All that masking is epic and defeats the object of saving time and effort.

It's sounds do able though doesn't it I'd probably give that ago first anything is better than handballing, do you have a labourer mixing up for you??

It's sounds do able though doesn't it I'd probably give that ago first anything is better than handballing, do you have a labourer mixing up for you??
Yeah I've got a lad that mixes it and keeps me going plus he it not bad at putting the mesh in aswell
Plus when you spray the top coat it's handy to have someone to help with the hoses the hoses hold one tub and you get two more tubs in the hopper so you can get plenty done with just two blokes

I ended up letting my Eze go. Found thin coat much easier by hand. All that masking is epic and defeats the object of saving time and effort.
Yes there is a lot of taping up to do but my Labourer would mask most jobs in a day so it's not to expensive plus I hate finishing on soft angles it looks crap and it saves your elbow when u spray

Yeah I've got a lad that mixes it and keeps me going plus he it not bad at putting the mesh in aswell
Plus when you spray the top coat it's handy to have someone to help with the hoses the hoses hold one tub and you get two more tubs in the hopper so you can get plenty done with just two blokes
That's my plan going to have a look at taking someone on next year but I think I'll probably give your setup ago first before buying a ritmo or something thanks for the advice for the refina model

That's my plan going to have a look at taking someone on next year but I think I'll probably give your setup ago first before buying a ritmo or something thanks for the advice for the refina model
Once the machine is set up you can load the machine to run on its own
Fook mixing it up and pouring it in
The ritmo will do it for you
The money will roll in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same here, i gave it a good run but as you say time spent masking etc you may aswell be laying on. you cant trust labourers to mask either. If the jobs big enough i would spray but other than that its just spraying for sake of having a spraying machine

Hello mate it was about the collomix x06 I wanted to give you the business tried calling couple of times but got no answer needed to purchase it as soon as possible , I ended up getting it off pft northern

ahh no problem, i need to sort my phones out . did you get a 230 or 110v .

same here, i gave it a good run but as you say time spent masking etc you may aswell be laying on. you cant trust labourers to mask either. If the jobs big enough i would spray but other than that its just spraying for sake of having a spraying machine
Yes I know what you mean it is a pain masking up but I look at the job and if I can spray in two days with a Labourer I will use the pump but anything smaller a 2+1 gang

Yes I know what you mean it is a pain masking up but I look at the job and if I can spray in two days with a Labourer I will use the pump but anything smaller a 2+1 gang
Yeah agree, the last couple years ive just called in a few local plasterers for a day and we blitz the topcoat. I just work for them for a day in return and we quits. Been working ok so far

Yeah agree, the last couple years ive just called in a few local plasterers for a day and we blitz the topcoat. I just work for them for a day in return and we quits. Been working ok so far
How do you do wet angles
If you did a gable in the morning and you wanted to do the two sides in the afternoon how do you keep ya angles tidy

How do you do wet angles
If you did a gable in the morning and you wanted to do the two sides in the afternoon how do you keep ya angles tidy
Id not start at gable if that was the case. Id start at front and continue round. If there was an internal angle i could use that as a finish point.
Alternatively you could organise the amount of labour required for topcoating to allow you to finish against set angles by doing sunny areas first or spread it over some days.