refina s*p*r*lex trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

leebo02

hi lads, anyone tried the refina s*p*r*lex skimming trowels, if so what do you think of them

hi john, i am just trying one of the refina s*p*r*lex trowels at the moment,,bur artef using marshaltown trowels for so long i cant work out if i like it or not

I've got 2 that I've used for a couple of years now and have been really pleased. Well made but maybe a bit heavy and I have gone back to finishing with my marshalltown 14 inch after the initial laying on and flattening with the 16 inch refina.I found that the refina is an excellent ready to go trowel especially for beginners and better than the Tyzak ready to go which I threw away.

cheers john,, think i will give it a little longer before i make my mind up,,,have tried a couple of different trowels in the past but its seems the marshalltowns are hard to beat and we allways seem to go back to them

cheers john,, think i will give it a little longer before i make my mind up,,,have tried a couple of different trowels in the past but its seems the marshalltowns are hard to beat and we allways seem to go back to them
Same here.

I love these trowels mate, lay in, quick flatten with s/steel m/town then straight on it with the s*p*r*lex keep it at a real shallow angle and no water at all a couple of passes and your finish will be spot on. They are very delicate though, if dropped they bend not bounce.

As above. I use mine same as scottie . Ss first. Then refina then plastic to finish.

Only when I have it with me

usually it's just the ss then plastic to finish

was just trying to answer the lads question as I find the Refina blade a little thin and flimsy

Only when I have it with me

usually it's just the ss then plastic to finish

was just trying to answer the lads question as I find the Refina blade a little thin and flimsy

At the last count I've got 16 trowels in the van and find flexible scrapers of different sizes usefull too.

Give the Kraft Elite Trowels a go

I have a kraft there got the 11 inch just to see its like a gold blade with an orange handle. nice little trowel and would deffo now consider a 13 or 14 for plastering with if my marshall ever broke down

I have the 14. Use it to trowel up then give it one last blast with the plastic. Hardly ever use the water sprayer any more. Just brush in the angles to tidy them up.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

gunna take some getting used to i think. its easier to leave ribbed marks in plaster if not carefull. but its easier on the joints and arms, but for now . those speed skims are ok tho u tried them yet????

gunna take some getting used to i think. its easier to leave ribbed marks in plaster if not carefull. but its easier on the joints and arms, but for now . those speed skims are ok tho u tried them yet????
hi , never tried a speed skim,, i might try one soon

I have been using the s*p*r*lex trowels for about 1 year now and find its alot easier to use, The only thing with them they lose their shape aftter abut 4/5 months of use.. Does anyone know of similar trowels that last longer?

I have been using the s*p*r*lex trowels for about 1 year now and find its alot easier to use, The only thing with them they lose their shape aftter abut 4/5 months of use.. Does anyone know of similar trowels that last longer?

What do you think to the weight and their handle? I would like to change the handle to a wooden one.

I changed the handle for a bass wood m/town handle off an old trowel, the shank is a different shape so had to pare it down a little with a small chisel to make it fit.
then stuck a Washer on before putting the old nut back on.

I changed the handle for a bass wood m/town handle off an old trowel, the shank is a different shape so had to pare it down a little with a small chisel to make it fit.
then stuck a Washer on before putting the old nut back on.

Thanks Scottie, I'm not very imaginative.:RpS_blink:

I've used one of these for around 4-5 years, I can't fault it. It's never lost it's shape, just look after it well and it'll last years.

Status
Not open for further replies.