Refina s*p*r*lex or Marshall Town Trowl

Members online

Anyone prefers the Refina over the Marshall Town trowl?

Depending on the model of Marshall town trowel your looking at you'll get different opinions
The refinance suerflex is more flexible than any Marshall town trowel.

The problem with Marshall town in its all Chinese made now so the quality is not what it once was.
I've got a 13" a 14" and a 16"
the 14" being the gold trowel and my main trowel but I'm forever changing the bloody handle on it!

The 16" is one of the later one (last few years) and to be honest it's rubbish it rarely comes out unless I'm using sand and cement.

Not sure that the different between the gold is supposed to make but I dont see any real difference other than colour which wears off after a while any how

We've had 100s of topics about superflexes and the debate could go on forever, but does anyone use/prefer a nela premium over MT?

We've had 100s of topics about superflexes and the debate could go on forever, but does anyone use/prefer a nela premium over MT?
I've got a Nela premium and it's the best made trowel I've encountered, but I recently got a mt carbon and I'll be sticking with the carbons now. If your rendering full time get a Nela. If you want a nice skimming trowel Carbon mt. Personally I can't get consistent results with the s*p*r*lex so don't bother with that now.

Is it to early for a glass of redwine mate ...im sick of drinking coffee at this time of the day i fancy something different.
I had a large g&t before going to the quacks which is where I am now I hate doctors and quite worried. I don't mind dentists but doctors I'm proper worried :eek:

I got a nela premium 4 months ago,,,been using mts for most of my life. I beginning to think this trowel will be superior once fully broke in.The only thing is will it last as long as mt.

I had a large g&t before going to the quacks which is where I am now I hate doctors and quite worried. I don't mind dentists but doctors I'm proper worried :eek:
If it's a bird doctor,, u know what to do.:)

If you want a great trowel get a kraft trowel
Now they are the dogs.
Premium hand crafted wooden handle and feel amazing in hand
Everything the marshalltown used to be and more!
They ain't cheap but byou got they are good.
I'd put it up there as superior to the nela having used both

Got A refina S/S trowel ... quality trowel to be fair and use Refina supeflex ... had the same s*p*r*lex for over a year now and can trowel walls up with 2 passes ....

Tried a Nela recently that another spread had ... was decent to be fair but stuck in my ways with Refina as never given me a cause to look elsewhere ...... do have a nela midget flex though ... awesome little trowel for those tight areas

Wouldn't use a Marshalltown other then to scrape the floor now :)

I got a nela premium 4 months ago,,,been using mts for most of my life. I beginning to think this trowel will be superior once fully broke in.The only thing is will it last as long as mt.
I doubt it I got 1 early part of last year ain't used a great deal just on s**t work bonding in ,outside work mine the "tang" at front of handle is ready to leave the blade get pic up tommorow

I doubt it I got 1 early part of last year ain't used a great deal just on s**t work bonding in ,outside work mine the "tang" at front of handle is ready to leave the blade get pic up tommorow

Rarely have issues with the Premium trowels, however, it's possible - as with all brands.

Will be under warranty and don't mind replacing if you call our office

Rarely have issues with the Premium trowels, however, it's possible - as with all brands.

Will be under warranty and don't mind replacing if you call our office
Do you sell alot of premiums or are superflexes the bigger seller? considering getting one, mainly for the cork handle love it on my s*p*r*lex and would love to have it while laying on and also doing exterior work. Speaking of exterior whats the chances of @GrantyBoy idea of a nela harling trowel?

Do you sell alot of premiums or are superflexes the bigger seller? considering getting one, mainly for the cork handle love it on my s*p*r*lex and would love to have it while laying on and also doing exterior work. Speaking of exterior whats the chances of @GrantyBoy idea of a nela harling trowel?
Get a premium mate, it will take the punishment of daily exterior use no problems. It's a strong trowel and very comfortable to use. Got the rubber handle myself which I prefer.

To be honest, the NeLa s*p*r*lex is the most talked about trowel. The premiums are a huge seller, sales could potentially be higher than the SF sales - would have to check

Ok i ordered a mediflex today heard good things on here about it and indestructible flexi tub

If its the black rubber ones there spot on ... had a couple ages now and still goin strong .... Also got a Putz big ass bucket last week .... gotta say there very good ... easy to clean as well . Want another one now but need to find some other toys to add to the order haha

We have a few new things coming out soon within the NeLa range, a harling trowel is one of them
Nice one, when thats released ill be ordering that and probably the premium. Just been having a look on your site, some good prices on scrim and grit, do you not sell pva anymore? I normally order in bulk from another supplier but think I might start using you guys :)

Thats good to know,a trowel to me is durabilty if thats whats happening in that time frame well.

Nice one, when thats released ill be ordering that and probably the premium. Just been having a look on your site, some good prices on scrim and grit, do you not sell pva anymore? I normally order in bulk from another supplier but think I might start using you guys :)

Hi Mate, we do sell PVA - Currently doing work on our website and a few things are being removed unexpectedly

image.jpeg
Hardly the end the world but never had b4 still usable obviously