Refina poor quality for money

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok as I need to invest into trowel - you would recommend s*p*r*lex from refina ? John, Scottie , Marshy ?
@Olican in the interest of fairness I think oliver has used both quite a lot and maybe better placed then me to comment.
But as john says its personal choice really, I like one very much, but thats maybe because it was the first flexi trowel I used, had I used the other first time then my opinion would probably be different.
I don't think your going to be disappointed whichever you buy though, buy one of each you can never have too many trowels.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Olican in the interest of fairness I think oliver has used both quite a lot and maybe better placed then me to comment.
But as john says its personal choice really, I like one very much, but thats maybe because it was the first flexi trowel I used, had I used the other first time then my opinion would probably be different.
I don't think your going to be disappointed whichever you buy though, buy one of each you can never have too many trowels.
Very diplomatic answer old bean lol :RpS_laugh:

Thanks Scottie , I heard your greatest skimmer , best follow what you suggest. :)

@Danny please do an IP address check on this. I'm pretty insulted to think that some on here would think I would be so petty to make a fake account

Pathetic.

Sorry Marshy, just had a few digs recently and getting a little wound up lol!

I know what your going on about now!

Sorry boys, having a whiskey now to chill out.

Thanks Scottie , I heard your the slowest roughest skimmer in the east , best follow what you suggest. :)

In that case nail a bit of carpet to a for sale sign get one with a stake attached which will save on expensive pole attachments.

I think Ryan @Plasterers1StopShop is the only person who suspects himself? Its crystal clear to the rest of us who we are on about FFS !!?? Bloody hell Ryan Hill I was recommending you to supply a fellow spread MP finish only last night!!???

Oh please prey tell as I was shite at Cluedo and that kind of thing :RpS_confused:

It was warty in the fibre section with a joint rule.........................:RpS_wink:

or maybe warty done Mike, in the fibre section with the love potion...................:RpS_biggrin:

Listen Ryan (Hill) I may dislike a certain make of trowel but would never do anything other than reccomend you and your services as you have not only been great with me but the lads on here too so no brainer :RpS_thumbup:

It was warty in the fibre section with a joint rule.........................:RpS_wink:

or maybe warty done Mike, in the fibre section with the love potion...................:RpS_biggrin:

Have you seen the cludo domestic violence edition, apparently the wife did it, in the kitchen to herself on the cupboard door.

There is a big issue with "modern/young plasterers" wanting to rub up a gauge early or finish a set quicker than usual, a lot of plasterers that I've spoken to (I get emails and fb messages because of the nela vids I posted) and the emphasis is always about how quick can you finish a set. I'm a big fan of s*p*r*lex trowels both nela and refina but you can never beat a very thin piece of steel well grafted to a tang&handle, case and point on that comment; give a wall 2 passes with any flexi trowel then get a carbon steel or well worn stainless out give the same wall a little flick of h2o and a rub. You will see imperfections. I have worked with the same plasterer for 8 years and we have done billions if not gazillions of metres together, we never agree on the best trowel or technique. I rambled a bit there (a little bit of sleep deprivation kicking in)
Bottom line: TROWELS ARE CHEAP IN COMPARISON TO OTHER TRADES TOOLS, BUY 1 OF EACH AND DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSION) THERE IS LITTLE DIFFERENCE IN THE BUILD QUALITY OF REFINA AND NELA BUT THEY ARE DIFFERENT TOOLS, WE ARE THE CHEFS OF THE BUILDING TRADE AND WILL AS SUCH USE DIFFERENT KNIVES, DOESN'T CHANGE THE TASTE OF THE FOOD. THESE TOOLS REACT DIFFERENTLY DEPENDING ON THE PERSON USING THEM........I'M OFF TO BED

There is a big issue with "modern/young plasterers" wanting to rub up a gauge early or finish a set quicker than usual, a lot of plasterers that I've spoken to (I get emails and fb messages because of the nela vids I posted) and the emphasis is always about how quick can you finish a set. I'm a big fan of s*p*r*lex trowels both nela and refina but you can never beat a very thin piece of steel well grafted to a tang&handle, case and point on that comment; give a wall 2 passes with any flexi trowel then get a carbon steel or well worn stainless out give the same wall a little flick of h2o and a rub. You will see imperfections. I have worked with the same plasterer for 8 years and we have done billions if not gazillions of metres together, we never agree on the best trowel or technique. I rambled a bit there (a little bit of sleep deprivation kicking in)
Bottom line: TROWELS ARE CHEAP IN COMPARISON TO OTHER TRADES TOOLS, BUY 1 OF EACH AND DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSION) THERE IS LITTLE DIFFERENCE IN THE BUILD QUALITY OF REFINA AND NELA BUT THEY ARE DIFFERENT TOOLS, WE ARE THE CHEFS OF THE BUILDING TRADE AND WILL AS SUCH USE DIFFERENT KNIVES, DOESN'T CHANGE THE TASTE OF THE FOOD. THESE TOOLS REACT DIFFERENTLY DEPENDING ON THE PERSON USING THEM........I'M OFF TO BED

You've just put your trowel in to the scottie/cassie guage off now marra FFS...................:RpS_thumbsup:

are you up yet @Olican,, you've had over an hour now, wakey wakey

couldn't agree more :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.