Refina Plazi

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you flatten it properly with the steel... its fine and easy wiping over with the plastic, dont flatten it properly, and yes you will get problems...

after doing that , go back to a steel trowel on the last trowel as the multi is setting (changing colour ) you then will see and feel the bumps

just my 2 pence worth....ive never used a foam back 1 but I have the 14" plastic refina....

I have used it from as soon as 2nd coats on but do each stage earlier so that the gears always wet and have had some good results and also thought id found a better,less stress way to skim and defo easier on the joints...

however...I do feel ive had some mixed results and slowly started to loose my confidence regarding the quality of the finish once dried etc...

when you really come to notice is if you trowel up using the plastic and then run your steel over after right at the end as colours turning you will notice unevenness where your trowel touches and misses the walls showing as either shiney or dull if that makes sense....

ive personaly taken mine out of the toolbag now because if its there I know I will defo use it over the steel because its sooooooo much easier but I know im kidding myself sadly that the finish is as good....

I was tempted to buy a steel s*p*r*lex but im sure il just end up going down the same route so have gone back to basics im afraid...

My plazi's only used for a quick polish now really - always have one though for arches and curved areas :RpS_thumbsup:

For me using a s*p*r*lex is so easy its laughable ... after a flatten basically glide the trowel round with next to no pressure ... another trowel when its picked up and tbh sets nearly done .... and I always look over my work to make sure what @zombie doesn't happen ... if the timings right there shouldn't be any bumps .... only seen these when people keep trowelling there work when its not needed

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get bumps or ridges. , said it
a dozen times,,,, flatten with the steel first, flat as with the plaza. If done right,,,

ok i take your point , but once decorated in low sunshine through a window in side ways light you will see my point . I will agree to disagree with you on this point .

There's a danger of church been right, it's a worry, s*p*r*lex will not solve things that a marshalltown will in equivalent hands

I see exactly the issues raised, but flatten correctly ,then use the plaza. The plasi is for wiping over, it doesn't cause any problems if the correct procedure is used, in fact its beautiful,,,, if people have little confidence in it, so be it, l am confident in its use and love it... whatever works..

I've done 100s of meters with them no problem its all about thinking outside of your comfort zone at first then you get use to them and how it behaves with the material , I've seen other plasterers on site or refurbs you name it some go oh they are **** it's because they've not got the patience with them others never look back personally I love them as someone said on here they are like marmite .

I use them, been in the game 28 yrs,but I feel that we are getting away with them ,I feel less experienced spreads will think they have finished work nicely and it will be found that. It's not so good,spreads are buying tools in the belief and expectation that this is the way to plaster ,skipping a step in the process .

Status
Not open for further replies.