Refina Plazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been and had mine injected again at the doctors, whilst there he told me to look into the tyler twist, ill post the link below. He said no need to buy the rubber bar shown but could be done with something similar like pipe lagging. Said to do 15 reps 3 x daily and it stretches and strengthens the tendon.

[video=youtube_share;A2QQaVfeI4U]http://youtu.be/A2QQaVfeI4U[/video]

Going to get some sports massage on it mate... ordered another two plazi,s today, get them delivered tomorrow... definately makes it easier with the foam backed....

Have you ordered more because you ****** all your others up going over beads, I think that they are a one use trowel, shame really.

Heard that about the beads mate, havent had any problems so far, you on about where the beads join ??

Cassie do yo find it puts less stress in your elbow than the flexible steel trowels? :RpS_thumbup:

Always found the non sponge backed plazi blades the best - bit more rigid and if you do trowel up with them it doesn't leave bumps etc and does flatten anything tiny unlike the foam ones ....

Cassie do yo find it puts less stress in your elbow than the flexible steel trowels? :RpS_thumbup:

Definately mate, I,m converted to be honest, just finished a job today, unibond and skim, used the foam plazi and elbow whilst still hurting, is a lot better... I still two coat and flatten with the steel, then finish with the plazi.. all these bumps etc are caused by getting on it too fast, if you leave it and flatten in properly with the steel, its easy with the plazi... got my delivery of the other sizes today....

Just been and had mine injected again at the doctors, whilst there he told me to look into the tyler twist, ill post the link below. He said no need to buy the rubber bar shown but could be done with something similar like pipe lagging. Said to do 15 reps 3 x daily and it stretches and strengthens the tendon.

[video=youtube_share;A2QQaVfeI4U]http://youtu.be/A2QQaVfeI4U[/video]

Thats good mate, physio who trains at our gym told me to do the same, but with a light dumbell.. thanks for that bud..

just used the 28'' plazi to flatten off a staircase wall this morning.. beautiful... saves a load of elbow work... dead easy to reach the wall with the length of the trowel... ( no scaffold, had to stand on bannister, right awkward one )

just used the 28'' plazi to flatten off a staircase wall this morning.. beautiful... saves a load of elbow work... dead easy to reach the wall with the length of the trowel... ( no scaffold, had to stand on bannister, right awkward one )

Is the pressure equally spread across the blade@ cassie? I looked at that one but didn't get it was a bit weary of too flexible on ends

Were the refina plazzies freebies? This is all old hat. I can't remember the last time I used mine. Don't even know where it is. The PISS plazzi is much better. It's just subliminal advertising of refina banging on how they're the best thing ever. FFS

Were the refina plazzies freebies? This is all old hat. I can't remember the last time I used mine. Don't even know where it is. The PISS plazzi is much better. It's just subliminal advertising of refina banging on how they're the best thing ever. FFS

Oh dear... someones rattled you mate hey ?? yes they were free.. however I dont have the need or desire to lie about any product... the refina plazi does what i say.. as for all this nonsense concerning refina and the competitors.. remember how long refina have been selling s*p*r*lex/spats/plazi trowels... ??? when I post about a product, its the truth, not because I was sent some free stuff.... i cant be bought mate, I tell the truth...

Is the pressure equally spread across the blade@ cassie? I looked at that one but didn't get it was a bit weary of too flexible on ends

mate, its absolutely brilliant.. yes the blade spreads the weight ok.. I used it on a staircase wall today, and used it just to flatten the second coat down... really was great to use...
i was never a fan of plastic, but i am now.... and because it has a trowel handle, works better than the hand spat... little bonus was the reach it allowed me on a dodgy staircase... my mate was on the job, plasterer for 20 years, and loved it aswell.....

Oh dear... someones rattled you mate hey ?? yes they were free.. however I dont have the need or desire to lie about any product... the refina plazi does what i say.. as for all this nonsense concerning refina and the competitors.. remember how long refina have been selling s*p*r*lex/spats/plazi trowels... ??? when I post about a product, its the truth, not because I was sent some free stuff.... i cant be bought mate, I tell the truth...

rattled me :RpS_confused: no. its just every post reads like an endorsement of refina. i actually meant it tongue in cheek about the freebies :) its just like refina plazzies been done to death so lets try and advertise them from a new angle ... i know, theyre great if youve got tennis elbow :rolleyes) impartiality :RpS_unsure: maybe. but it's a bit like cash for questions innit? or in this case plazzis for reviews

to be honest Jurek.. im surprised this thread hasnt diverted to talking about the nela s*p*r*lex yet ?? most spreads I know use the plazi from refina at some stage... never ever seen anyone using a P1SS one ?? I only rate refina as I see it, if it was crap I wouldnt comment... only trying to pass on stuff... i have been sent a lot of tools to try, if there good i post that up, if there crap I dont post about them. think thats fair to the supplier..?? I can do a full review on all the stuff i have been sent if the suppliers would like ??
I wasnt having a go at you mate, but your post seemed a bit off to me.. like I said everything i post regarding tools, is what I believe...

Iv got the 16" plazzi with foam back, use it just for a last flick over if it needs it, tried troweling up with it when i first got it but its too flexible, cant get enough pressure on either toe or the heel of it.

ordered another two plazi,s today, get them delivered tomorrow....

fair enough, cassie. its nothing personal. they probably are fine for tennis elbow. other posters seem to agree. but with comments like the above it just seems like youre in someones pocket

fair enough, cassie. its nothing personal. they probably are fine for tennis elbow. other posters seem to agree. but with comments like the above it just seems like youre in someones pocket

There a great trowel mate,, as from being in someones pocket.. unlike some.....

Iv got the 16" plazzi with foam back, use it just for a last flick over if it needs it, tried troweling up with it when i first got it but its too flexible, cant get enough pressure on either toe or the heel of it.

Ive been trowelling up with the 16'' foam mate for the last two days, found it perfect.. as long as its flattened down properly with the steel. great for the last two wipes...

was going to do a massive ranting post telling some home truths.. thought better of it, and off to the gym... but be assured, I only tell the truth about tools.. if there crap there crap whatever company they come from, just Im quite tactful with some reviews... this page is about the refina plazi, and it is a very good trowel... fact......

was going to do a massive ranting post telling some home truths.. thought better of it, and off to the gym... but be assured, I only tell the truth about tools.. if there crap there crap whatever company they come from, just Im quite tactful with some reviews... this page is about the refina plazi, and it is a very good trowel... fact......

Agreed ... Wouldn't be without mine now

Ive been trowelling up with the 16'' foam mate for the last two days, found it perfect.. as long as its flattened down properly with the steel. great for the last two wipes...

Oh rite i thought u meant u were jus troweling up with just that + no steel trowel at all which is what i tried when 1st got it. They are good if used in the rite way + like u say easier on the elbows + wrist.

Oh rite i thought u meant u were jus troweling up with just that + no steel trowel at all which is what i tried when 1st got it. They are good if used in the rite way + like u say easier on the elbows + wrist.

What I do is 1st and 2nd with steel, flatten down when ready with steel, then a couple/three wipes with the plazi.. same as you i think mate...

I agree with that as well. I've just started using mine to flatten 1st coat on boardwork (sooner) and for the last pass but wasn't aware you could Actually trowel up woth one? I'd have thought its far too spongy myself but i like the sound of a non foam back plazi?? Hadn't heard of that.

I'd be well keen if someone at refina or P1SS wanted to send me one or one from each of their respective range. As a neutral it'd be nice to not see the forum secret club members being the one to rate trowels.

I could be a true average joes reviewer. Not in anyones pocket but happy to try their gear.

I might need a new tool bag as well tho cus im up to 4 trowels so far and its a bit rammed now [emoji85][emoji39]

try one out mate, you will like it, the guy i was working with today also said the spanish ones from P1SS are very good aswell... there ya go... there not expensive and are very good... i would defo recommend trying them, not used the spanish ones, but presume they are the same idea.....

@cassie .... you'll be one coating and using a sponge next :RpS_lol::flapper::RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
plastic trowels leave a **** finish , just flexible steel ones also , see it in the light decorated , then make your mind your own mind up , it seems an easy way out at first , but you need the pressure at some point on multi , and the flex dont cut it .

plastic trowels leave a **** finish , just flexible steel ones also , see it in the light decorated , then make your mind your own mind up , it seems an easy way out at first , but you need the pressure at some point on multi , and the flex dont cut it .

........a non backed sponge blade does marra - held with very little angle to the wall / ceiling :RpS_cool:... wouldn't use a foam backed one at all me personally

if you flatten it properly with the steel... its fine and easy wiping over with the plastic, dont flatten it properly, and yes you will get problems...

no, it was a thread reviewing the plazzie and i jumped in. i'll stick to the plasterers arms :RpS_unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.