Redundant ewi firms!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Private Member
Eyup chaps,

Just wondered if people are finding that now the green deal and such has been abondened if there seems to be an increase in rendering firms/workers quoteing for domestic work?

If so are you finding there going in very low to secure work?

Are you finding that average prices that jobs are being won by are falling in your areas?

Zombie

You should go into market research @zombie haha

I've never come across any but i don't seem to quote against anyone else. There's got to be a lot about though. Here's a picture of the rendering bandwagon.

train-croud.jpg

Eyup chaps,

Just wondered if people are finding that now the green deal and such has been abondened if there seems to be an increase in rendering firms/workers quoteing for domestic work?

If so are you finding there going in very low to secure work?

Are you finding that average prices that jobs are being won by are falling in your areas?

Zombie
not noticed any difference either way.

What are you thinking mate i'm intrigued?

Would just be interested to know what direction the thousands of refundent ewi workers have gone?

Have then gone back to internals joined existing rendering gangs?

Or new upstart render firms?

Any way you look at it not healthy for the plastering and rendering trade.

Thought it was going to breath some new life into the industry when it all kicked off, shame really.

Yeah, that's the situation unfortunately. There is no consistency with the EWI. That's the main problem!

Would just be interested to know what direction the thousands of refundent ewi workers have gone?

Have then gone back to internals joined existing rendering gangs?

Or new upstart render firms?

Any way you look at it not healthy for the plastering and rendering trade.

Thought it was going to breath some new life into the industry when it all kicked off, shame really.
Just seen two 2 big old houses being done in my town,don't know who did them they were out of town guys no signage,made a cracking job of them...and noticed a couple of Victorian terrace done before Christmas
I thought the same by now that everyone would be wanting it done.
Really would like to be offering this service myself,done the course day Weber but know I would/need experience with it first.

I think they have all gone back to Romania after driving the prices down to £16 per M2 for a full system or stayed here and claim benefits now

Status
Not open for further replies.