recommended tools and equipment

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireblade28

hello
what tools and or brand and model of tools do you use recommend for use at work from the basic trowels to bucket types etc ?

thanks

Refina mixer
Marshalltown handboard
Marshaltown trowel
any brand bucket trowel

i can already see the marshalltown trowels are popular ,did you purchase the pre worn ?
as for the buckets and trowel i would agree there not much point getting anything other than basic items .

what else do you use like stands and platforms etc ?
is there anything or brand i would be best avoid ?

i have already been told to avoid plastic hawks for instance .

thanks

Buy any mt trowel. Worn in arent great. Instead, send it to me and for twenty quid i use my expert knowledge to sharpen the blade perfect for skimming

Buy any mt trowel. Worn in arent great. Instead, send it to me and for twenty quid i use my expert knowledge to sharpen the blade perfect for skimming

would this be the same as when i sent that african prince my bank details so he could use my account to transfer his millions and give me my 25% cut ? :RpS_laugh:

Marshall town trowels
some aviation tin snips
and a hand HAWK lol
and get a couple of gorilla tubs to
id get a spot and stand personaly i cant stand taking it out the bucket unless i realy have to

We'll have a race currier. See how many trowels you can get sharp enough for skimmimg in an hour with your sandpaper. See how many i can do. Unless your talking about rubbing down your shitskim...

Before I started plastering I was labouring on a brickie who did his own plastering. He bought a tyzack trowel and was showing me how to get it sharp real quick with a sandpaper attachment on an angle grinder.

Can you guess what happened to his brand new trowel?

Did it get thrown into his tool bucket with all his other s**t covered tools ?.

No the grinding disc caught the corner of the trowel and ripped the blade completely off the spine.

Then I fell on the floor laughing! :RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_lol:

Stainless tyzack soon break it in. cheap handboard and the same for a drill check out screw fix dont pay more then 200 notes for one or look on ebay. Bucket trowel again I just buy cheap feckers for about £4.00 , snips , leval, spatulars £2 a set from wilkoes and so the list goes on. When you done your training mail me and will send you a bit more info on the world of re skimming, Hope it helps mate.

Pre worn are better than a standard trowel but you still need to break them in alot. Hence my offer.

Not sure Beddy is around tonight MrSkim1 but he sharpened 2 of my trowels recently for £30 each. A bit steep but he did a great job so worth sending them onto him as my skimmings never been so good since I got :RpS_thumbsup:them back

No the grinding disc caught the corner of the trowel and ripped the blade completely off the spine.

Then I fell on the floor laughing! :RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_lol:

Not surprised as the rivets are piss weak on Tyzacks (we've had 4 pop the rivets at the toe)

Always keep an old tool stone in my tool box to rub out jimps. Took the corners off a trowel once with it and improved it.

Ive got a set of diamond hones (I use them for lapping my stones - and before anyone comments on my nuts I mean razor hones as I collect and use cut-throats) so may give a trowel a bit of go with them.
:RpS_thumbup:

Agree with Rhys, I have a chefs sharpening stone in the van, great for taking out nicks and sharpens trowels up a treat

You're a strange and quite scary man.

Oh I dunno.. Nothing shaves better IMHO. Even my 1820's Sheffield silver steel straight razor gives a better shave than a modern multi bladed piece of crap and only cost me £15. Work that out price wise over its life.
Also got a seven day set (each razor is marked with the days of the week on the spine) which was owned by an intelligence officer from Bletchley Park - so have a nice bit of history as well.

a941b415.jpg

I've been told you can get trowels sharp enough to shave with just by using them - you can't, I've tried.. Just for fun I might take a carbon steel Tyzack to my hones (just to see if I can take the hairs of my arm). The edge will be too fragile to skim with as it'll flake off.

Who cares, you still look like that G** xfactor arse goblin.

And the fact that you are a steel hardness historian just makes you unapproachable in many ways.........dont talk to me again.

Who cares, you still look like that G** xfactor arse goblin.

And the fact that you are a steel hardness historian just makes you unapproachable in many ways.........dont talk to me again.

In that case sweetie just keep biting your pillow and enjoy the moment... :RpS_wub:

:RpS_lol:

Just looked up Ox trowels (never heard of them) and they don't look a bad price - no idea on how they perform though.

Status
Not open for further replies.