Recommended primers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also i have a tub of bees wax from about 2 years ago still in its pot...is this still ok to use or would it now be no good??

Yes, its a lime based liquid with quartz sand that can be diluted to various degrees dependant on the back ground. In theory you could use Betakontakt ( which is wickes product but in 20 litre tubs) but i would always use lime with lime. After all its a premium finish so dont cut corners. Mike wye, polished plastering in Kiethley or Blue Bell finishes are some of the stockists.

All the primers used for venetian plastering are water based acrylics so any water based acrylic primer can be used even the stuff from b&q

You can put sand in it if you like i dont bother with stucco i only pit it in for marmorino and you can use kiln dried pavers sand but run it through a flour sieve cause sometimes there is nasty big lumps in it
Dont forget to put it in a container with Italian writing on though before going to customers house!

Mate stop chancing and cutting corners. Us the right stuff. wax is wax and primeris primers. Don not use WBA, Blue Grit. As for Venetian Marble Plasters what brand of gear you talking about?

absolutley agree with that comment and from much appreciated advice i'm using a proper resin primer...as for the plaster, coverit venezia 24/7 carrara and classic...sealers and wax are thomsons waterseal, cera wax, parrafic wax...

Status
Not open for further replies.