Recommend me a breaker/cango for hacking off old render.

Members online

Always good second hand hiltis on gumtree
The hilti is bob compared to them Bosch ones stu.. Used one a month ago as customer didn't want to pay for the hire of a day..the hilti packed up after 1 hour

I never use one again

I got a Bosch and a Hilti prefer the Bosch as its 240 but the Hilti is lighter and slightly better.
Expect to pay around 400 for something decent really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got an Hitachi breaker with all the points/spades, had it fully serviced a fews back with some new casing as well.

It's been used twice as I don't do any bigger plastering works nowadays.

More than happy to sell it.

Attachments

• Tools 001.jpg
    Tools 001.jpg
    533.7 KB · Views: 449
  • Tools 002.jpg
    Tools 002.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 566
Don't get the hiring thing it's dead money, breakers go on forever. If there's enough money to hire a breaker for a job price a new breaker spread over a couple of jobs.
I've just bought the new makita model it's quite, has variable speed it's only 4.5k in weight, doesn't over heat and couple of year warranty.cost 300 odd quid plus dreaded, couple of year old ones go for half that aswell.

Id get a hilti mate. They do a deal where you can pay monthly if its too much to lay out at once?? They last forever pretty much too (y)

We rarely do break offs that's why I'm hesitant of spending hundreds of pounds but I think I'll bite the bullet and get a decent one it will last forever at the rate we use them. @whitebeam thanks mate I need a 240 though.

@owls you got a link for the Makita?

Makita do good breakers, personally if you get a couple of years out of one then they have paid for themselves I think, £400 is about the right price. no point hiring unless your only using one 2 or 3 times a year.
I always find the hilti stuff is a lot lower rpm than other stuff, I hired a hilti drill and compared to a £120 Makita sds it was as slow as shite.
Hilti were good years ago but for the price of stuff these days its virtually cheaper to buy another one than to get it repaired

I always hire tools I don't use often. Customer pays for the hire. Claim it back off the taxman anyway and it ain't taking up room in my shed.

Stuff it use a mallet and chisel

And stuff chipping it off yourself

Plasterers not mallet men

Comparing hilti to bosch is like Gola trainers compared to Nike air max

Last edited by a moderator:
I always hire tools I don't use often. Customer pays for the hire. Claim it back off the taxman anyway and it ain't taking up room in my shed.
that's a daft way of doing it though I guess,
the smart way is to price it into your job as hiring it, the customer pays it, you get to keep the breaker, then the cost of the breaker gets deducted off your tax bill as a business asset, then if you don't use it often sell it on. your getting paid out 3 times for the cost of a breaker.

f**k hiring anything
I don't hire a thing, barr scaffold and even then I have quite a bit of quick form scaffold.
going forward buying stuff is always the way, it comes off your tax bill as assets, you charge it to each job etc and you still have the asset at the end of the day.
the best ones are aluminium tower scaffolds, Ive bought a few good second hand ones over the years charge them out to jobs, ive had the amount knocked off tax bills over the years, I then sell them on at the same price I paid for them, ive hired them out to other trades I know for weekly amounts, a small bit of kit like that has earnt me thousands over the years for doing nothing.

Lol I don't mean to be rude @owls obviously you know your renders but a self employed plasterer doing an odd chip off ain't going to be any better off claiming back tax on a £400 drill !
Hiring ain't that daft if the thing blows up and sod all work gets done after one hour chipping .. At least he could nip back and swap it for a better one from the hire shop it has a kind of guarantee that it has to work whatever make it is from them ...where as buying one and it goes caput after an hour 1 day pay lost and a big bill to repair it.

Lol I don't mean to be rude @owls obviously you know your renders but a self employed plasterer doing an odd chip off ain't going to be any better off claiming back tax on a £400 drill !
Hiring ain't that daft if the thing blows up and sod all work gets done after one hour chipping .. At least he could nip back and swap it for a better one from the hire shop it has a kind of guarantee that it has to work whatever make it is from them ...where as buying one and it goes caput after an hour 1 day pay lost and a big bill to repair it.
ive had a hilti one for 8 years, how much would that have cost to hire over all that time, even on the basis of using it rarly on a couple of knock offs a year, and there still going for 200 quid second hand, half of what I paid for.there quality brands with warranties they aint going to go caput are they.
and regards knocking off your tax bill if your earning over the allowance before tax a year around 11,000, your paying tax, why pay hmrc when you can buy tools for your trade.

Ffs vince... Is this gonna go the same as your unifinish quest:LOL:....
Is vince short for convince?
This one has hit a bad chord with me...I take on board owl's comment and agree but that hilti I used pissed me off when it bust tbf they all have problems one time or another...I'll leave it now

I hate hilti