Recommend a Silicon tub brand?

Members online

Johnthechippy

Hi all, I'm building a timber fame house at the moment which I have coverd with Resistant render-pro Carrier board.
I'm Looking to used a silicon based tub mix. I have had one price in for using Baumit and one using Sps enviorowall. The enviorowall one is a lot cheaper and I wanted to no if there was as reason why.
Has anyone used this or can they recommend a better one?
I know humidity plays a part but are they much of a muchness or are some better than others.?

Having only ever used monocouche in the past I have very little experience with this system and want to get it right, or it could be a very expensive mistake!
Cheers john

are you installing yourself.

getting a good finish if you havent used before can be tricky.

contact manufacturers and make sure the warrant on pro boards.

secondly there are a number of good systems out there. above what u mentioned are good systems but like everything else cheap is cheeful.

i personally use jub. but its your decision really

Hi all, I'm building a timber fame house at the moment which I have coverd with Resistant render-pro Carrier board.
I'm Looking to used a silicon based tub mix. I have had one price in for using Baumit and one using Sps enviorowall. The enviorowall one is a lot cheaper and I wanted to no if there was as reason why.
Has anyone used this or can they recommend a better one?
I know humidity plays a part but are they much of a muchness or are some better than others.?

Having only ever used monocouche in the past I have very little experience with this system and want to get it right, or it could be a very expensive mistake!
Cheers john

Welcome :D

are you installing yourself.

getting a good finish if you havent used before can be tricky.

contact manufacturers and make sure the warrant on pro boards.

secondly there are a number of good systems out there. above what u mentioned are good systems but like everything else cheap is cheeful.

i personally use jub. but its your decision really

I'm a chippy mainly, would never attempt to do this, stay away from the wet stuff!!! It of on my own house so want a decent product.
A lot of people are reccomeding Jub, I'll definatley look at that, both Jub and Baumit (which I've had a price for) are endorsed on the Resistant web site. It seems firms are keen to use particular suppliers because I'm guessing they get it cheaper?
Is it possible to buy Jub direct or do they only supply to endorsed redering firms?

I'm a chippy mainly, would never attempt to do this, stay away from the wet stuff!!! It of on my own house so want a decent product.
A lot of people are reccomeding Jub, I'll definatley look at that, both Jub and Baumit (which I've had a price for) are endorsed on the Resistant web site. It seems firms are keen to use particular suppliers because I'm guessing they get it cheaper?
Is it possible to buy Jub direct or do they only supply to endorsed redering firms?
if you contact jub they can supply you with an approved contractors list in your area.
renderers usually use material they prefer. know how to use and how its applied to specification.

youll have more chance getting a proper job if you let installer use the material they install.

i havent used baumits 1.5mm but have used some of their other products.

jub we use alot and have used on my own house

Hi mate

It is the render company that approves the boards that their render is applied to.... not the board supplier who advises the render. .... it is the render you see after the job is finished, not the board.

As Dan said above, check the render company is ok with the board, then get their system spec for the application and a list of approved contractors. Check the contractors previous work as well

Good luck!

Rich

I went with JUB because a lot of people had used it and rated it. I went all in on the most expensive Nano product as its my own house and plan to live here for a long time. The stuff went on lovely and almost a year in and no cracks ( fingers crossed).

The claim it is 'self cleaning' is highly emphasised by Jub. I was skeptical of this, but I thought even if it's easier to clean that would be a bonus. Like I said the render went on last summer, the scaffolding stayed up for another few weeks to finish the guttering and bits a pieces in which time it had rained a few times resulting in a bit of splash back from the scaffolding and the surrounding ground. In the winter their was a few spashes of mud from where some additional external works ect.

Anthing that has made contact with the render since application will not come off. I have used soapy water and a brush and jet washed it but all stains still remain.

I contacted JUB by phone and their response was not encouraging. They claimed that the product takes up to a month to cure and so due care and attention must be taken to keep it clean otherwise dirt becomes engrained. I found this a bit hard to swallow as it doesnt say this anywhere in the application instructions, and nearly all the stains were made well over a month after.

I would also argue it is unreasonable to expect any buld to stop for a month to allow the render to cure.

So now I'm looking at having to pay to have a brand new house painted after shelling out over £3500.00 supposed top notch render.

I may as well have used sand and cement.

I have sent a formal email to Jub with pictures, but I'm not hopeful. Any advice would be welcome. Just had to get it off my chest.

I went with JUB because a lot of people had used it and rated it. I went all in on the most expensive Nano product as its my own house and plan to live here for a long time. The stuff went on lovely and almost a year in and no cracks ( fingers crossed).

The claim it is 'self cleaning' is highly emphasised by Jub. I was skeptical of this, but I thought even if it's easier to clean that would be a bonus. Like I said the render went on last summer, the scaffolding stayed up for another few weeks to finish the guttering and bits a pieces in which time it had rained a few times resulting in a bit of splash back from the scaffolding and the surrounding ground. In the winter their was a few spashes of mud from where some additional external works ect.

Anthing that has made contact with the render since application will not come off. I have used soapy water and a brush and jet washed it but all stains still remain.

I contacted JUB by phone and their response was not encouraging. They claimed that the product takes up to a month to cure and so due care and attention must be taken to keep it clean otherwise dirt becomes engrained. I found this a bit hard to swallow as it doesnt say this anywhere in the application instructions, and nearly all the stains were made well over a month after.

I would also argue it is unreasonable to expect any buld to stop for a month to allow the render to cure.

So now I'm looking at having to pay to have a brand new house painted after shelling out over £3500.00 supposed top notch render.

I may as well have used sand and cement.

I have sent a formal email to Jub with pictures, but I'm not hopeful. Any advice would be welcome. Just had to get it off my chest.
I'm a bit of old school sand and cement dry/wet dash but I see a lot of these new render systems and their supposed to self clean or you can power wash them etc and everyone off them are either stained patching in different areas or have to be painted long within the time they say it lasts I always wonder if they were intended for weather they get in Portugal Spain Canary Islands places that don't have the cold climate we have in winter but they still seem to sell plenty off it

it sounds like you fell foul of a high pressure salesman!
Well I was on here for quite a bit seeking advice. I built timber frame with render board because im a chippy. And acrylic or silicone render systems were recommended as I had had problems with cracking on the garage which was also timber. But as for the cleaning yes.

Well I was on here for quite a bit seeking advice. I built timber frame with render board because im a chippy. And acrylic or silicone render systems were recommended as I had had problems with cracking on the garage which was also timber. But as for the cleaning yes.

your plasterer did not bother to apply the sealer to the finished acrylic.

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1495967112.136935.jpg

This is good stuff mate

Yeah just realised its got a disclaimer and my details on it as wew, doh! Don't know how to erase it
John.

without seeing the extent or tyoe of damage on your render it is hard for us to pass judgement.

what i will say is we install a number or silicone finishes everyweek. Jub including.. and the aftercare is equally important as the installation. i myself have been caught out with stains on fresh render and have regretted it.

if any staining occours you need to.remove immediatly. protect finished from splash backs. further works etc with coverup or lean boards onto wall to protect.
the product you used is a nice product in my opinion and has a high silicone content. same as if you silicone indoors, say the kitchen and you cook around it before it cures. stains will embedd. same princible externally rain/splash marks will embedd on fresh render...

Well, would have been nice if you knew all this before buying the product!?First thing we do after applying silicon top coat is t remove the first scaffolding board, the closest to the wall, but that's all.Rwmoving the whole scaffolding strait after, as suggested above is the worst thing you can do.