recoating base coat

Staff online

Members online

S a plastering

Private Member
we have a wall to go over its only small which has been damaged in a few places by scaffolders the builder wants us to put a pissy coat over it all its got two external beads on the question is will it need sbr on the beads to grind it in or will it be ok as it is thanks

What finish is it? From your thread title it implies base coat which shouldn't need going over if you've still to top coat it.
If not what top coat has been applied?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've already topped it mate ready for priming its k an a scrim adhesive wetherby it's going to have a silicone heck 1.5 mm but the builder wants a thin coat on it first

We've already topped it mate ready for priming its k an a scrim adhesive wetherby it's going to have a silicone heck 1.5 mm but the builder wants a thin coat on it first
It's not that nice gaff you posted pics of is it pal?

100% you if you decide to put on a new layer ,should be done some primer.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's thin coat render You should give a primer.
And priming all not the around the beads only.

I'm only on about the base coat here it's not been primed yet can it be recoated or not cheers

ye just damp scratch down and coat again mate.
ive sponge finished with it before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170502-200510.png
    Screenshot_20170502-200510.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 229
Of course you can put another coat of base even recommended to better prepare for the finish coat.

tom it's already had two coats of base that has been damaged if you read my first post but the builder wants another coat going over