Recession

Members online

Mike Harrison

What does everyone think about us having a recession and struggling for work.i normally just work on site and do a few weekend jobs here and there.but in the last 3 days I've had phone calls to skim 2 full houses a living room.and a landing wall I thought we would be f**k*d but might have changed my mind now.everyone seems to have money maybe got it off government. Or saved it by not going on holiday.

What does everyone think about us having a recession and struggling for work.i normally just work on site and do a few weekend jobs here and there.but in the last 3 days I've had phone calls to skim 2 full houses a living room.and a landing wall I thought we would be f**k*d but might have changed my mind now.everyone seems to have money maybe got it off government. Or saved it by not going on holiday.
Just started back got about a month booked and then start in July on old pub to convert into 5 flats , thermal lining exterior walls , float and set the rest , soundproofing cielings , turned down a bungalow render job yesterday
Always seems to be money for refurb work

There will be f**k all domestic wise so I advise all to get their cscs cards updated an call the agents. f**k domestic it’s chicken feed :inocente:

Just started back got about a month booked and then start in July on old pub to convert into 5 flats , thermal lining exterior walls , float and set the rest , soundproofing cielings , turned down a bungalow render job yesterday
Always seems to be money for refurb work
I thought people would be scared off having people in the house but doesn't seem to be the case.i start back on site on Monday already had our rates dropped.

We're predominantly a nation of home owners,We all live in houses that are plastered,need maintenance etc, there's not enough new build houses being built for demand, money has never been as cheap to borrow, be it for mortgages or what ever, no one is going on holiday this year, most 60 plus year olds are mortgage free and are fairly recession proof, factor all that in I wouldn't be too worried.

We're predominantly a nation of home owners,We all live in houses that are plastered,need maintenance etc, there's not enough new build houses being built for demand, money has never been as cheap to borrow, be it for mortgages or what ever, no one is going on holiday this year, most 60 plus year olds are mortgage free and are fairly recession proof, factor all that in I wouldn't be too worried.
Hope for the best

If we do then I don’t think it’ll last long....So much money has been pumped into business and furlough. I think you they call it “helicopter loan affect”. The money that’s been dished out will be spent and the government ultimately get it back through taxes, vat etc. Some businesses will thrive on the back off getting loans and being able to expand etc.

That's the most sensible post you have ever put up since I have been on here:), congratulations, there is hope for you yet.

If we do then I don’t think it’ll last long....So much money has been pumped into business and furlough. I think you they call it “helicopter loan affect”. The money that’s been dished out will be spent and the government ultimately get it back through taxes, vat etc. Some businesses will thrive on the back off getting loans and being able to expand etc.
No don't think it last long! but if ther second third wave this winter what going to happen then? It going to be serious then. Jusust hope we get immuned to it

1.this R measurement they use is steadily creeping upwards again,the lockdown will return .
2.no vaccine or cure in sight,
3.only a matter of time before sites close down,
4.metal illness/depression/ is steadily rising more .
5.cinemas/pubs these buisnessess rely on as many people as possible visiting them,how can they possibly survive when less people ,because of social distancing do not go,there oncosts staff wages/rates etc will be the same but with much less money coming in.
6.biggest recession ever says the bank of england governor is upon us,this is a man who behind the scenes will be in close daily contact with chief executives/directors of companies,he will have a nightmare vision of what is ahead,i say again biggest recession ever says the bank of england governor,despite our difference of opinion how can anybody argue with that statement.
7.jcb diggers announced large redundencies on friday,british airways/virgin,/high street department stores are making plans,these redundincies will eventually filter down to the building industry,large building companies are not exempt ,sadly some will go.
8.wearing of face masks/social distancing/queues outside supermarkets are here for years to come.
9.children will be affected ,cant go out to play/no school freinds/missing out on learning reading,writing/too young to understand what is going on.
10.BIGGEST EVER RECESSION SAYS THE BANK OF ENGLAND GOVERNOR,

Plenty of work about. There’s going to be an abundance once things return to normal. Said it weeks ago. The DIY stores are queued around the block. People have money to spend on their homes. More than ever!!
meanwhile back on planet earth,things will never ever go back to normal,different world out there now,

the recession has started michael,and one day sadly it will land on your doorstep,

well if i was in your positon and indeed anybody else out there who employs a few men,and relies on big jobs/contracts,make sure your money is coming in,clamp down on late payers as soon as possible,be carefull ,as there is an awful lot to be concerned about

well seems as if everybody is moving to la la land, bricktop this coming recession is going to be like no other recession before and in the future,batten up the hatches this recession is going to be a monster

No don't think it last long! but if ther second third wave this winter what going to happen then? It going to be serious then. Jusust hope we get immuned to it
we will not get immune to it carys,second wave is just around the corner ,more deadlier then its big brother,

Plenty of work about. There’s going to be an abundance once things return to normal. Said it weeks ago. The DIY stores are queued around the block. People have money to spend on their homes. More than ever!!
errrm dont mean to be a fuddy duddy ,but normal as you say is gone,forget about it,....the new normality is starting now ,a totally different world out there full of disease/deaths/firms companies going bust ,