Ready for packing in...but I know I wont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeeVee

Had to skim over this today. Polish workers 'floated' this.

Photo0082.jpg

One set took 5 hours. It looks like they've something in board finish now too just like multi...all greasy and horrible. Like learning the trade from scratch.

It held and held...then the laying down coat flash set while the scratch was still wet through. Two of us in a room each both did exactly the same.

And they always want to pay peanuts.

I'm too old for this sh1te.

I don't know how long I can carry on like this.

1 part sand...1 part cement...1 part lime...two parts POLYSTYRENE ffs...

That coupled with the 'new' board finish.

Its very nearly broke me.

More to do tomorrow :RpS_mellow:

Good ideas.

I'll finish off today (priced for two rooms) then insist on the extra gear for the rest of the house which I'm pricing up.

Wasnt owls offering some skimming up you way? No bullshit either. Do the work. Get paid. Jack it in and drop him a message.

Had to skim over this today. Polish workers 'floated' this.

View attachment 1790

One set took 5 hours. It looks like they've something in board finish now too just like multi...all greasy and horrible. Like learning the trade from scratch.

It held and held...then the laying down coat flash set while the scratch was still wet through. Two of us in a room each both did exactly the same.

And they always want to pay peanuts.

I'm too old for this sh1te.

I don't know how long I can carry on like this.

Times I said that when plastering and eventually did. Glad to be out of it.

Rendering is just as bad though. Looking at jobs now and every one is saying April start. Mugs! If I get more than 2-3 jobs thats April filled in, what makes them think I am going to be so available in April?

Usual thing, winters enquires get done in Spring so Spring enquiries in summer etc. This 9 months income is doing my head in. Once this snow goes I am renting a Hackney cab till March.

Spreads round my way never get to do floating or boarding nowadays.

Polish do the floating for £30 a day, and builders/joiners do our boardwork. Thats 66.66% of all internal trade snatched away....

If you are setting someone else's floating or boarding its got to be a good day work rate to compensate for any problems you may have caused by the bodgers you have to follow.

Its a shite state of affairs ceevee, seen it for myself. priced up a 3 bed house to overboard all artex ceiling and overscim all existing walls. lost the job but it was a referall from a regular and the client was honest with me. He told me that he got a price of a polish lad and was a grand cheaper. I told him to be careful as his was a nice house with cream carpets in most areas and solid wood flooring in kitchen/diner. I explained that we would packexe all floors with dust sheets on top and give him his house back as if it were new. 5 weeks later he called me and showed me the work so far, ceilings had been done with universal onecoat and looked worse than before, plaster over nearly every skirting socket, door. a nightmare. head down ceevee, your next job could be a cracker:RpS_thumbup:

Spreads round my way never get to do floating or boarding nowadays.

Polish do the floating for £30 a day, and builders/joiners do our boardwork. Thats 66.66% of all internal trade snatched away....
you can not accept that. i would tell the builder that it is going to cost extra money to correct the floating coat.
some carpenters can tack some cant. if we are skimming someone elses boarding , we can not take any responsibility, if there is an under lying problem.

Thats the way it was when I was plastering. The joiners or builder always did the boarding to cut down the costs. They where more often slower than me so it probably cost more to do it themselves.

Painters on sites got the artexing of the ceilings as well.

Do you look like your avatar Rigsby?

Wasn't he outed as a paedo? :RpS_unsure:

I saw a documentary on Rigsby recently. Paedo? He was far from that. An intelligent actor who was very close to his family and kept his private life private.

Yeh I am a bit like my avatar I suppose which I think is amusing.

I saw a documentary on Rigsby recently. Paedo? He was far from that. An intelligent actor who was very close to his family and kept his private life private.

Yeh I am a bit like my avatar I suppose which I think is amusing.
Your the man to ask about rising damp then.:RpS_thumbsup:

Leonard Rossiter 'Performed A s*x Act As Three BBC Staff Tried To Rape Man, 18'

Got my facts wrong a bit, still weird "if true".

Status
Not open for further replies.