Re-skim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdet8

Hi guys I've got to go and re skim a chimney breast tomorrow as the customer is not happy with the finish on the last one , have got some new beads and was thinking of nailing them over the old ones , applying some pva and skimming whilst it's tacky , I was thinking will one undiluted pva coat be ok ? I'm not sure if he has painted the walls yet or not , or if this matters ? Was going to use multi finish also , has anyone got any ideas on something that would be better for me ( I can't get a plasterer to do it lol ) I've been given the whole day to do it , just not looking forward to it

? He's not happy with the finish so gets someone else who's not a plasterer to do it !!

I'm not a plasterer but I do skim new chimney breasts etc when we board them from scratch and never had a complaint so far , the issue was we had to cut into his freshly plastered wall and there was a patch repair and he wanted it all re doing , so my gaffer is sending me tomorrow , was hoping for hints tips on the pva , and corner bead as not sure if I can stick them on in the morning and then have time for them to dry and be able to skim that day ? Any help / advice would be great , cheers

You can tack beads on ,pva watered down by 30 to 40% then reskin with multi is fine ,flatten the plaster 1st coat then apply top coat trowel up when ready wa laaaa

Ps pva first to allow to go tacky takes an hour or so ...

Thanks for that , I will pick up some small tac nails or something like that on the way over , so 30/40 % water in pva , leave about an hour and get on it whilst it's tacky , skim and hope for the best ! Sounds like a challenge , appreciate the reply , wish me luck lol

if the walls have not been painted and you pva the walls and set about an hour later your gonna need more than luck

Status
Not open for further replies.