Re-render one wall in krend

Members online

Alphamale_

Hi all

New here . We would like to have one wall of our porch rerendered in Krend. The current Krend has started developing some cracks - this is the front wall which has the door on it. The two side walls are fine. Is it possible to remove the render from one wall only up to to those corner beads ( which are pvc) without having to remove all beading and therefore having to do side walls again?
I am going to put a job advert up on a couple of sites but wanted to see if anyone here had any experience or advice around this kind of job. Cheers

hi , here’s one picture. There are a few like this, they look less apparent in the picture but you can see the dirt building up inside. Attaching a picture of the rest of a section of wall that is crack free and looks pretty uniform / good. The side / return walks are good. Cheers

Attachments

• 0548E94F-7DFD-4581-B05B-040DB56CE016.jpeg
    0548E94F-7DFD-4581-B05B-040DB56CE016.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 190
  • 94B6E01E-C6F9-433D-9F37-987E6F615F48.jpeg
    94B6E01E-C6F9-433D-9F37-987E6F615F48.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 181
Find out why it's cracking would be my first lookin with it, otherwise how are you going to insure it won't happen again down the line, but provisionally yes to the bead details.

Find out why it's cracking would be my first lookin with it, otherwise how are you going to insure it won't happen again down the line, but provisionally yes to the bead details.
Hi owls, I think I have an idea - it was 15mm K1 straight onto thermalite. I will be honest i did not do much research into prep / base coats depending on substrate or ask enough questions beforehand. The walls with no openings are still spot on. Was just hoping that the K1 could be taken off to the beads. The toal area inc openings is about 5m2 of which 2m2 is the door. This time i want to ask the right questions and request approrpate base coat and mesh - i guess you'd need hilti etc to get the majority of K1 off - what would be recommended along the bead - hammer and chisel or similar? as any chunks cracks off return walls would mean they need doing too then that opens up to the adjacent walls etc

The sides will be solid but the front will be little more than piers so subject to a weakness when the door shuts.

If it is a porch then why not consider rendering the front with an o.c.r render (plain cement render) done with the right base and mesh and then skim over the sides with a thin coat system fully meshed And finish in a silicone render?

The advantage is it will all look the same, look new and the silicone finish has flex built into it. Remember to create expansion gaps rendering up to any plastic.

As to the beading? With care and luck you might get it off up to the bead edge but if you thin coat the side that will make good.