re pointing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

northyskim

i no its not really plastering related but

been asked to price for repointing gable end of a 2 storey house done a fair bit of re pointing over the years

buts its got an old bitumen style dpc which has seen better days

just the pointing above and below the dpc is shot to bits and needs redoing but i'm just trying to find a solution so once above and below are re done it don't bridge the dpc

any one else come across this problem?

i no its not really plastering related but

been asked to price for repointing gable end of a 2 storey house done a fair bit of re pointing over the years

buts its got an old bitumen style dpc which has seen better days

just the pointing above and below the dpc is shot to bits and needs redoing but i'm just trying to find a solution so once above and below are re done it don't bridge the dpc

any one else come across this problem?

nothing to worry about. repoint as normal

When builders put in a plastic dpc you cannot see it when the bricks are laid so the dpc is always slightly bridged by mortar.:RpS_thumbup:

Imagine someone pointing your house and leave the dpc sticking out,"there you go,it's finished,God help us"

I'll send you a pic of some ethnic/African pointing tomorrow, has to be even to be believed :RpS_w00t:
Seen a room today that I passed on as I was busy,dot and dabbed and skimmed over old brickwork,nothing plumbed,no wires put behind boards all left surfaced mounted, the thinnest coat I've ever seen around the door, thinner. Than paint inplaces,

Some architects specify that that the Dpc protrude a little which is nonsense no matter what it is made of in time it will deteriorate and it also looks crap I always bring mine in 5mill so when its jointed its not seen far better and this minor bridging will cause no harm any way we now know that rising damp does not exist.

Waiting for words of wisdom from the fountain of knowledge and the greatest clown this site has ever known, bar none.......................

Status
Not open for further replies.