re plastering after damp proofing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant give the wall a Coat of renovating plaster then dab a board onto tht once dry. To be fair tho cost of the job is going up with the price of lime lite so don't think my birds mam will wanna fork out for the insulated plasterboard anyways.

the rule of thumb is that it takes 1 month per inch of wall to dry out... so even once you've re plastered and it feels dry, the wall is gonna take months to completely dry out. thats why i wouldnt advice you to go dabbing boards over your dampproofing marra...........:RpS_wink:

Will waterproofer in sand cement not be better still that that renovating plaster ? For the reasons of stopping any damp come through the wall ? As u say about dabbing arti this means that the dri coat or wot ever let's moisture through ? Fair enough cold patches but least damp wouldn't be coming through ?? And I would use the renderguard that is the spec for dryzone in the s and c

whatever product you use for replastering you still need the moisture to come out of the wall. i would imagine that renderguard is a vapour permiable product?

the rule of thumb is that it takes 1 month per inch of wall to dry out... so even once you've re plastered and it feels dry, the wall is gonna take months to completely dry out. thats why i wouldnt advice you to go dabbing boards over your dampproofing marra...........:RpS_wink:

Also the addy wont hold back any salts. You can end up with them coming through the boards and getting rings on salts and damp on the surface.

If you want to board the walls it far better to batten them first, insulate between then and screw your boards to the batterns.

image79.jpeg

Like this. Best picture I could find.

a picture says a thousand words...............nice one carlos......................:RpS_thumbup:

I'm not sure arti, as far as I know it stops the damp coming through but is breathable, just the spec for dryzone that's all , it could end up comiong out the neighbours side of the wall . . .

Arti is right it will be vapor permeable that's how it breaths.

Although following the re-plastering, the salts can't come out your side so can only go next door if its a party wall......

Status
Not open for further replies.