re***ds

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanUnder

Started a big tacking job Monday, swimming pool changing rooms etc etc. about 1200 metres of tacking to do. I'm told i can't do any ceilings yet as they need a polythene membrane first- the chippy's will do this I'm told-. So I start on walls first just to get started. ceilings are 3.6m high and hipped in all directions so not looking forward to them anyway as I'm working alone ! go in next morning and chippy's have stayed late day before to do the polythene, and what have they uesd...... BLACK 1200 gauge dpm ! It's like looking up and into outer space ! Can't see anything apart from about a million staples. Idiots

Started a big tacking job Monday, swimming pool changing rooms etc etc. about 1200 metres of tacking to do. I'm told i can't do any ceilings yet as they need a polythene membrane first- the chippy's will do this I'm told-. So I start on walls first just to get started. ceilings are 3.6m high and hipped in all directions so not looking forward to them anyway as I'm working alone ! go in next morning and chippy's have stayed late day before to do the polythene, and what have they uesd...... BLACK 1200 gauge dpm ! It's like looking up and into outer space ! Can't see anything apart from about a million staples. Idiots
on your own are you mad

I agree mostly with what's been said, but bear in mind every room is now virtuaily pitch black, we're talking changing rooms, shower rooms, plant and store rooms here- no windows. added to to current weather it's about 40 degrees in there now during the day. not saying it's impossible but wouldn't using a clear membrane have made their own job and mine so much simpler ?

Its the same on site or domestic - whatever trade comes in doesn't give a **** about the spreads ... they do there work and normally it then involves us snagging so we can get work done .... never known it any diff ....all bashed around, then the client moans when you have to charge extra because of joiners / sparks or plumbers leaving things a mess

I agree mostly with what's been said, but bear in mind every room is now virtuaily pitch black, we're talking changing rooms, shower rooms, plant and store rooms here- no windows. added to to current weather it's about 40 degrees in there now during the day. not saying it's impossible but wouldn't using a clear membrane have made their own job and mine so much simpler ?
Maybe they will take it down and start again if you ask them:RpS_blushing:

it will be even hotter when you set yer lights up

if it were easy you d be at home

Status
Not open for further replies.