rates

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mates been in Christchurch for over a year @Rigsby. They had the earthquake 3 years ago and it's created a lot of work 20 years minimum. He said within reason you can name your price. The weathers good the lifestyles good. I'd be there myself if the mrs wasn't so stubborn about leaving her parents behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
The UK is rich but what a rat race!

But most of us will never be rich. Small few own all the wealth.
Imagine working a trade for a similar wage but in a better place/way of life.

When I left school they never told me I would leave the house at 6am every day to sit for 1.5 hrs to travel 35miles and come home at 6.30 having done the same for a wage! If you get paid that is!

What has become.

The working man has been forgotten in this country.

When I left school they never told me I would leave the house at 6am every day to sit for 1.5 hrs to travel 35miles and come home at 6.30 having done the same for a wage! If you get paid that is!

What has become.

I have been to the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. I think we have more money than they do but we need more money to live here. Australia and New Zealand has so much more room, the people are more chilled out. Here everybody is looking for a fight!

Australia doesn't have the keep up with the Jones's like we do. The home improvement market is non existent. Cars last 20 years plus. 1 car per household.

Travel 35 miles? 3.5 miles is enough for me.

What has become.

Too true!

The really depressing thing is how on earth can it get better?! Roads will only get busier and busier until it's like driving in Delhi.

when things aren't going well for me i always say to meself there's millions of people worse off than me!

when things aren't going well for me i always say to meself there's millions of people worse off than me!

Thats true! When I was on the taxi's I used to pick people up who through no fault of their own had it rough. I then realised I should be grateful for what I have got.

I have been to the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. I think we have more money than they do but we need more money to live here. Australia and New Zealand has so much more room, the people are more chilled out. Here everybody is looking for a fight!

Australia doesn't have the keep up with the Jones's like we do. The home improvement market is non existent. Cars last 20 years plus. 1 car per household.

Travel 35 miles? 3.5 miles is enough for me.

Sometimes do more than 35 mile. 25 is an average mostly motorway tho. That's what is so depressing.....if I do the same journey on a night time it's 25 mins tops. On a wet rush hour it can take 2hrs. If there is a crash just go back home.

I lose a day a week sat in traffic but I compensate by doing 12 to 13 hrs day.
Missing out on my family tho. Thats just one reason I am disgruntled with this country the problems here build and build but successive short termist governments brush it under the carpet.

Improvement of the rail would encourage more people to use trains bit Liverpool to Manchester is expensive for the distance and takes an age. In Tokyo I'm sure it would be 20 mins journey.

Is right mate, I think everybody should be happier with less or what they have.
I hate the fact people are chasing and chasing in this country. Were not happy with the average now. Mondeo man has become Audi a4 man.
32 inches is no good, get 50 inches even tho the room is 5x4 list goes on

Sometimes do more than 35 mile. 25 is an average mostly motorway tho. That's what is so depressing.....if I do the same journey on a night time it's 25 mins tops. On a wet rush hour it can take 2hrs. If there is a crash just go back home.

I lose a day a week sat in traffic but I compensate by doing 12 to 13 hrs day.
Missing out on my family tho. Thats just one reason I am disgruntled with this country the problems here build and build but successive short termist governments brush it under the carpet.

Improvement of the rail would encourage more people to use trains bit Liverpool to Manchester is expensive for the distance and takes an age. In Tokyo I'm sure it would be 20 mins journey.
Done that many a time on the m62 ,just stuck there not moving,butting the steering wheel you can't even get off it to turn round and come home !

I had to fo Kilsaran other week in Manchester Old Trafford. Got to Manchester in 45 min but then 2 hours to get from one side to the other.

Never again! I havemade it to London in that time. That M60, M62 os a waste of life.

Turned down a few good jobs in Manchester lately for that reason. Can't be fooked sitting in my van for 3-4 hours a day. Already do 2 hours and refuse to do more.

I had to fo Kilsaran other week in Manchester Old Trafford. Got to Manchester in 45 min but then 2 hours to get from one side to the other.

Never again! I havemade it to London in that time. That M60, M62 os a waste of life.

Tell us about it rigs. I know a few subbies that swear the m60 is now worse than the m25 by some way its become a joke.

The 60 and the 62 are total gridlock every day for a good 2 hrs or more before it moves again.

Why I go out at 6 ish

Haven't they installed the 50mph cameras on the m60 now? Keep traffic flowing evenly. I think it's a good idea. It'll stop the lead footed tossers up everyone's arse and chopping and changing lanes to gain a couple of metres.

When I was in Manchester I would work around 20 miles if not more out of the city centre and would always moan about the mileage, then got a job on my doorstep in the city with no mileage but then the realisation of sitting for an hour or hour and a half just to travel 3 miles :(

When I was in Manchester I would work around 20 miles if not more out of the city centre and would always moan about the mileage, then got a job on my doorstep in the city with no mileage but then the realisation of sitting for an hour or hour and a half just to travel 3 miles :(
Then Have to pay a fortune just to park, so I was worse off in most cases money wise and time.

Lol....... people moan up here if there's a set of temporary traffic lights holding them back for 5 minutes:RpS_lol:
but fook the 2 hours to get to work lark :RpS_thumbdn:

Lol....... people moan up here if there's a set of temporary traffic lights holding them back for 5 minutes:RpS_lol:
but fook the 2 hours to get to work lark :RpS_thumbdn:

Was working in Kirkby Lonsdale recently and its a completely different pace of life. Only 1 and a half hours away from me and a massive difference. I'd move there if the Mrs would.

Yep....... it's about the same distance from my place, different as you say but if you lived there you'd still have the same travel to work times. I'm in a town on the coast but can reach enough of the Lake District within 25-30 minutes to keep me in work. Don't get much work in my home town 'cos everyone's a plasterer. Let them fight for the scraps :RpS_thumbup:

What's a motorway? .
Living in the principality of east anglia, you have to make do with empty farm tracks to drive on.
The university of east anglia is full mainly of Chinese students which im guessing has to something to do with their insatiable thirst for 'Norwich'

What's a motorway? .
Living in the principality of east anglia, you have to make do with empty farm tracks to drive on.
The university of east anglia is full mainly of Chinese students which im guessing has to something to do with their insatiable thirst for 'Norwich'
You're ok because you're the thick person in the village who became a plasterer!

Haven't they installed the 50mph cameras on the m60 now? Keep traffic flowing evenly. I think it's a good idea. It'll stop the lead footed tossers up everyone's arse and chopping and changing lanes to gain a couple of metres.

Yep time in motion cams, that's because there are roadworks for the next 3 years started

What has become.

You don't av to do it plasterjfe,you don't av to do anything you don't want to

Had to drive through Sydenham Friday and sat on the way to beckenham, rich people all the way. Different colours range rovers

Had to drive through Sydenham Friday and sat on the way to beckenham, rich people all the way. Different colours range rovers
That can be a pig of a journey 2 half miles can take u 40 mins in rush hour,anyway what was u doing in the affluent part of se london

That can be a pig of a journey 2 half miles can take u 40 mins in rush hour,anyway what was u doing in the affluent part of se london
Downs hill rd,br3, just repairing two knock throughs, it was completely bodged in the 80s and they wouldn't pay to do it right, so patched and left, it was skim over artex over paper over distemper,skim also over paper, he said it was testimony enough that it lasted, I just wanted to leave but we did the repairs and left,

Downs hill rd,br3, just repairing two knock throughs, it was completely bodged in the 80s and they wouldn't pay to do it right, so patched and left, it was skim over artex over paper over distemper,skim also over paper, he said it was testimony enough that it lasted, I just wanted to leave but we did the repairs and left,
Downs hill rd that's just they the high St , nice houses, Kerching kerching

Status
Not open for further replies.