Rates going back 20 years??

Members online

I'm good pal got a milf round soon so need to sort my s**t out (y)
crack-whore-s0-yeahl-memes-com-10470059.png

Paid gross with sc60 card back then so yeah still had to pay tax at the end of
The year.
As Mr Djr says we didn't have a lot of choice back then.
There was 30,000 m2 of float and set on that site and top work expected as there were clerk of works finishing foreman all over you if it wasn't right!!
But £2 was all they were paying.
Wasnt dreaming it was tough as!!

They are mate all various kinds. I enjoy mix and match

Eye of the beholder, Bonnie Lad.

There's a bloke I knock about with in UK whose brother used to ring him and tell him about this stunning model he had snagged himself.

One day, they came up to visit and he introduced me.

Well, I looked to either side of the snaggle toothed fat hag that was with him and behind her and all around until it slowly dawned on me that SHE was the stunning model that I was being introduced to.

Paid gross with sc60 card back then so yeah still had to pay tax at the end of
The year.
As Mr Djr says we didn't have a lot of choice back then.
There was 30,000 m2 of float and set on that site and top work expected as there were clerk of works finishing foreman all over you if it wasn't right!!
But £2 was all they were paying.
Wasnt dreaming it was tough as!!
On average as a plasterer we are probably doing around 45m2 of float and set in a day..
That would have gave you £90 a day less tax I find it hard to believe that lads were working for that kind of s**t rate??
Basically you were joking yourself for peanuts..
That’s the truth but like you said you had no choice..
My choice would have be “go f**k yourself” to the greedy piss taking b*****d that was offering that kind of money..

Eye of the beholder, Bonnie Lad.

There's a bloke I knock about with in UK whose brother used to ring him and tell him about this stunning model he had snagged himself.

One day, they came up to visit and he introduced me.

Well, I looked to either side of the snaggle toothed fat hag that was with him and behind her and all around until it slowly dawned on me that SHE was the stunning model that I was being introduced to.
Doesn't mean mine are like that. Not my fault I'm a milf magnet and your mates brother isn't?
Almost sounds like your jealous too :rolleyes:

23 stone sad boy
Once you get past 30, more than 2/3 of your age is an admission that you ain't got it no more.

Take a leaf out of Brucie's book.

What I can't understand is why Dr Phil has got all that money and a wife his own age. Just give her some money and tell her to go away, ffs.

article-0-19236C9C00000578-577_634x425.jpg

3500.jpg

Bruce-forsyth-dead-who-is-wife-Wilnelia-Merced-843031.jpg

On average as a plasterer we are probably doing around 45m2 of float and set in a day..
That would have gave you £90 a day less tax I find it hard to believe that lads were working for that kind of s**t rate??
Basically you were joking yourself for peanuts..
That’s the truth but like you said you had no choice..
My choice would have be “go f**k yourself” to the greedy piss taking b*****d that was offering that kind of money..
1983 I was getting £100 a week labouring, plasterer was getting £275 floating sand & cement, paid by the yard then don't no how much but I was happy, previous job was £26 a week apprentice mechanic

;)Just making sure because those lads reckon they were on £2 m2 float and set which is f**k**g crazy???:(
Don't remember being that low, only for a local builder we used to do float & set skimming board & screeding floors for £ 2 a yard without taking windows/ doors out cos he did'nt like measuring and multiples of 2 was easy to add up.

I can remember when my old man first left me on site to just 'get on with it'. He reckoned that a spread should be able to earn a days money doing the equivalent of a
3m x 3m room float and set, that's 28sqm., and that was without the ceiling (days of Artex).

When I first started you were expected to work all week like a dog for a few kind words off the spreads you were with...........if you were lucky and in favour they might, just might let you,wash the tools,at the end of the day...........and we were grateful......
Wages had to be earnt......
You had no rights........
Turn up late or with the wrong attitude.......and you’d get properly told.....

How times change Andy it’s a sad world we live in ..
I’m 41 and I remember having a labourer with me when I came out of my time ;(
55 now, 5 yrs ago working on sites £5.25 hardwall & skim £3 ceilings £2.75 walls, working on my own and still earning average of £1000 a week. Not interested now, crap plaster (thanks bg) elf & safety, tried domestic idiot clients, hoping to pack it all in but don't know if I can. Still morgtage paid been to pub so can't be all bad, wish I'd seen £9 metre woud have retired 10 yrs ago, maybe!!

55 now, 5 yrs ago working on sites £5.25 hardwall & skim £3 ceilings £2.75 walls, working on my own and still earning average of £1000 a week. Not interested now, crap plaster (thanks bg) elf & safety, tried domestic idiot clients, hoping to pack it all in but don't know if I can. Still morgtage paid been to pub so can't be all bad, wish I'd seen £9 metre woud have retired 10 yrs ago, maybe!!
Everythings gone downhill bud...much harder now.
Oh and the £9.50....we all ended up walking. Nearly bankrupted me :LOL:
Horrid bloody job!

41 and your old school:LOL::LOL:..

Yep that’s right compared to the twenty year old nappy boys out there at 41 that makes me old school..
I started from the bucket up unlike half of these muppets that done a six month college placement..
You can laugh as much as you want plently of key board warriors on here..)

41 and your old school:LOL::LOL:..

If I’m honest I could properly bounce around on one leg with a blind fold on and still put more on than you ..so I’m in my forties and you don’t think on old school after being in the trade since I was 16?
One thing to say to you my old m8 and that’s “f**k off”