rated people

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeadams1985

Private Member
Signed up a few weeks back to try it and a job has popped up, job sounds promising, its one house and possibly a second house requiring large victorian coving in at least 4 rooms ine ach.

problem is, rated people want £72 just for the customers contact details!
Im sorry but no chance, they could go else where and not even use me!

Ill be cancelling rated people ASAP what a bloody joke that is!

never used rated people mike,, does sound a lot of money,, will be interesting to see what the lads who use them say,, regarding value for money etc

I used them years ago got three free jobs but come to nothing it depends on the amount of money the customer is looking at spending. I used to do loft conversions and they are £20000 jobs so rated wanted a bigger share so ****** if I'm paying a lit of money to look at a job.

I have used it in the past and the trouble I found was they charge a percentage of what the customer wants to pay for a job. This can be good and bad. I'm guessing they have estimated £8,000 for your work but they could easily have estimated £800 and you would be asked by rated to stump up £7.20
The second problem is if you are the second to purchase then very often you don't even get chance to quote because the stupid customer has gone with the first price. They join rated to get good tradesmen but don't even bother to read past reviews or look at the website which you have taken time to write and put photos on etc.
Recently I have been told that they have changed it so customers know that trades have to buy the leads and occasionally you can get a knowledgeable person with some brains who puts in £100 for job and states that they are looking for quotes.
Dont waste your time or money with them.

they are a fcuking joke. tried the free trial after last christmas. cancelled with "credit" still in my account it was that bad. none of the contacts were real. phone numbers that rang out, emails that were returned to sender etc. they've just changed their conditions before christmas so that tradesmen no longer receive a credit when they can't contact the customer .....which is most of the time. here's a link, don't think it's advertising:

rated people be warned | Screwfix Community Forum

they're a sinking ship, mike. get off before it goes down. give me the money and i will give you a telephone number ... :RpS_drool:

its a rip off - some else trying to make money off our hard work FFS and its just money they are interested in not quality
did any of you who used it have your work RATED ?????? it would be interesting to see how or if they veted the tradesmen ?

its a rip off - some else trying to make money off our hard work FFS and its just money they are interested in not quality
did any of you who used it have your work RATED ?????? it would be interesting to see how or if they veted the tradesmen ?

Yes I have around 6 ratings which were only usefull if they were read by people looking for reliable trustworthy tradesmen, but they were hardly ever read and most of them want the work done straight away.Which local is better I've found with genuine people who want a job done well and they don't mind paying the right money.

They don't vet them, mate, that's how I was able to join.

@mikeadams1985 have you thought about advertising in Country Life or Cheshire Life? You'd clean up. Bloke I used to know advertised in it for bespoke wrought iron gates , couple of grand a pop. Was all over the country with it. Rich people with fancy houses and estates and money to spend. Might be pricey though. X

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give it a look jurek
That lead didn't get any sales so the price just dropped to 14quid. I got 50quid free credit so used that and I'm going to look at it next week. Guy said what he advertised is the first phase. Another house and about 4 times the work advertised there. So could turn out good. An hour drive away but I'm workin turn hat way next week so no real loss.
Will get off rated people after this though. No paying turn ha that much money for a phone number.
Deffo check out that chesire life though

@mikeadams1985 have you thought about advertising in Country Life or Cheshire Life? You'd clean up. Bloke I used to know advertised in it for bespoke wrought iron gates , couple of grand a pop. Was all over the country with it. Rich people with fancy houses and estates and money to spend. Might be pricey though. X
Tried something similar a while back , but didn't pay for itself
I think google is the way forward for companies now, used to pay15k per year for golden pages , it was about nine inches thick then, it's a pamphlet now, And of course the best advertisement is word of mouth

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.