Rated People ?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

finefinishwales

I'm registered with them and its handy for quick fill the gaps work but some of the jobs make me laugh just had one pop up removed tiles from seven ceiling and hall and landing and re-skim all ceilings price under £250 and the scary thing is somebody has all ready purchased it? :RpS_confused:

All these sites are the same, I once registered a job, described it as a medium sized bedroom , new plasterboard ceiling, all square flat walls.i wanted a price for supplying and skimming this room, got fifty replies in an hr from £170 pounds to £1700 pounds back in 2009 , deep recession time.

Mate I wouldn't even bother with em! Check out one of my old posts i wrote about rated people. A customer budget of £250 and a lead price of £25 summin + vat.waste ofttimes.

All these sites are the same, I once registered a job, described it as a medium sized bedroom , new plasterboard ceiling, all square flat walls.i wanted a price for supplying and skimming this room, got fifty replies in an hr from £170 pounds to £1700 pounds back in 2009 , deep recession time.

The one's I like are the guys who say I need advise then put a £8000 budget so I have to pay £40 to come give you advise never going to happen sorry lol

I thought that only three tradesman can buy the same lead John??

Mate I wouldn't even bother with em! Check out one of my old posts i wrote about rated people. A customer budget of £250 and a lead price of £25 summin + vat.waste ofttimes.

There is the flip I did a job for a guy in Barry from Rated has led to 7k worth of work on recommendation.

My builder is pretty fair no membership.... Leads range from £1 to £8 had a few jobs which have lead to some decent customers who always come back with more work.

I'm registered with them and its handy for quick fill the gaps work but some of the jobs make me laugh just had one pop up removed tiles from seven ceiling and hall and landing and re-skim all ceilings price under £250 and the scary thing is somebody has all ready purchased it? :RpS_confused:

youll be doin that at work tomorow wnt ya mate

These companies really annoy me. theres loads now, all claiming theyre unique and they have tens of thousands of jobs coming in.. but a) who the f*** are them to rate me? All their experience is as a salesman sat at a desk b) To pay a monthly fee plus buying the right to simply quote for each job ( and ive heard stories of many more than 3 from the same outfit quoting) with no guarantee of anyone from the likes of rated people actually winning the job... all sounds very iffy to me. I used to do a lot of advertising in the free glossy magazines with community info and loads of tradesman type ads in. Most jobs i got phonecalls about were jobs you didnt want such as will you drive 20 minutes to do a small patch and shocked that you want 40 quid. Rated people etc is to me yet another form of advertising we should all avoid. Works too hard for us to give our wages away to sales commissions .

:) what, to travel 20 mins there 20 mins back, set out dustsheets, prepare, apply backing plaster, waiting time to set then skim clean up and away.... or were you just pulling my leg :)

such a joke these sites

The customers are not aware that you have to buy the lead as a percentage of the cost they have rated it at but why should they care anyway? Some are clued up and put £100 and a note about needing quotes but these are rare. If your short of work it can be usefull but you need to be the first to quote and maybe sometimes a salesman too.

I joined this last week and priced 8 jobs off it so far....................... not had one and i'm not expensive.

I don't like them, and I don't use any of them.

What they have done is seen a gap in the market which is scaring customers into thinking they will get ripped off if they use any joe bloggs.

I talk with domestic customers about my hammer, my builder, rated ect ect, and the fact is that word of mouth just doesn't happen that much anymore.

The first port of call for 99.9% of people now-a-days is to check the net, people very rarely ask each other about hiring a tradesmen, they look on the net.

What they have done is seen a gap in the market which is scaring customers into thinking they will get ripped off if they use any joe bloggs.

I talk with domestic customers about my hammer, my builder, rated ect ect, and the fact is that word of mouth just doesn't happen that much anymore.

The first port of call for 99.9% of people now-a-days is to check the net, people very rarely ask each other about hiring a tradesmen, they look on the net.

couldnt of put it better myself

how can they justify £25 to buy a lead for a ceiling worth £200 when at the same time theres a lead for £30 to build a £25000 extension ?????

Your out of pocket already then? :RpS_unsure:
When you join the give you £50 free to buy jobs with but i've prob spent another £80 on it. Jobs i went to it's been made pretty clear the price is the main factor, not arsed about quality.

Last edited:
Its all word of mouth where I am from but I know cities are different. Its who you know really, just about getting your foot in. Wouldn't fancy paying to quote tho!

I agree on your first point mac. I even have friends who think any tradesmen they require rated people etc is the way to go. You cant get through to them that its just another way of advertising /scam, theyre no more protected and probably pay more for the job to pay for the advertising. However I do think word of mouth is still around. Most of my work comes from that or my website. Luckily my mate who built my website keeps on top of it and keeps me optimised which can cost a fortune. Websites are no good if searchers cannot find you on a general search.

Status
Not open for further replies.