Rated people... is it any good?

Just wondering if any of you have picked up work from rated people or other similar sites? Im short for work at the moment as i stoped working for a contractor the other week and the agencys i use are dry for now.

Lodan

Private Member
My builder is far cheaper than rated people and works much better for the tradesman in my opinion. I've used it a lot and has worked really well for me

gps

Just wondering if any of you have picked up work from rated people or other similar sites? Im short for work at the moment as i stoped working for a contractor the other week and the agencys i use are dry for now.

Rated people are total dogsh it mate, used to be really good 10 years ago, then they got greedy

Thanks Lads! Much appreciated. I will be checking that out. Bit of domestic work will be a pleasant change... famous last words lol

Djr

It's booming with work here in Manchester I get phone calls every other day from firms where abouts are you ??

It's booming with work here in Manchester I get phone calls every other day from firms where abouts are you ??
Im in Blackburn (no shame) lol Manchester would be a doddle after traveling to bradford every day for 3 months str8!

Phone gwn they've always got work
Thanks m8 i will do tomorrow. I’ve got good references and all the pre requisites just need to build up a good network. Just finished a Santander bank in Lytham last week for GF Holding through the agency and they want me back in sept for a job in London digs and expenses paid, obviously can’t wait around though so hopefully i can get sorted! What a guy!

There based in great Harwood
Spot on! Not far from me at all. Just checked them out online and they look like a really reputable firm! Much appreciated

What sort of work are you up to at the moment? do you do a bit of everything?

hector

......correct in what you are saying djr,...i got 2 calls last week from manchester firms and i am based in carlisle

Djr

Spot on! Not far from me at all. Just checked them out online and they look like a really reputable firm! Much appreciated

What sort of work are you up to at the moment? do you do a bit of everything?
New builds in alderly edge Cheshire tack dab and skim

New builds in alderly edge Cheshire tack dab and skim
Nice! Bloody posh round there... we did a krend mansion when i was an apprentice there, was a while back now lol, we did robbie savages house in STO render round them ends aswell! not done and rendering for years now though, skim skim skim!

I want to try o0ne of these sites too, but if you have zero ratings and therefore 0% positive rationg, no ones going to touch you. How can that be amended. Any tips?

zolco

Private Member
I want to try o0ne of these sites too, but if you have zero ratings and therefore 0% positive rationg, no ones going to touch you. How can that be amended. Any tips?
Get your friends and family to post jobs which they will "give" you, that's how I have 98 five star reviews on myhammer.com

Was a good days work today, dabbing and skimming on a school on day rate, steady away. Some price work on the horison close to home aswell, loving it!