raised panels

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ali

i've been asked to construct some raised rendered panels for signs on the outside of a pub, but the customer wants to know whats the thickest i can do, i was thinking of using a normal stop bead but i think he wants pretty deep, any suggestions as to how thick i should go, i said 20 mm or so should be fine as i dont really want to start battening the wall out with 3x2 lol...... and maybe mesh it first if wall is a bit ropey so theres less chance of panel hitting someone on the back of the head while they are waiting for a taxi on friday night.:RpS_biggrin:

there will be a calculation for it somewhere...
i suppose its all down to strength of substrate as to how much render it can hold before it starts to delaminate...
i would have thought anything up to about 40mm should be fine so long as you build it up in coats of 10-15mm or so..
im guessing they wont be down to ground level so theyre gonna be hanging off the wall so to speak...

try the essex boys like essexandy or church... they love a bit of panel work in essex.. :RpS_thumbup:

Did some raised and fielded panels using wallcrete back in july on the farmhouse project we did , would of thought it would be equally as good in mono
L1010144.jpg
[/IMG]

and here is the video again :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.