Radiator screws

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyzplasterer

If you like me then your work has to be perfect even around radiator screws and behind the radiator, I always used to work round them which was slow. Now I keep it tidy first and second coat round screws, nice and flat. And then at the end of the set when it's really picked up I pop out the screws, hard wet trowel the area (you can still see the screw holes) then pop them back in after.

LOL :RpS_lol:

Take the screws out cut a plastic straw up stick that in the end of the rawl plug and skim straight over it.
Skim round them lol.

Lol fuk the screws

Yea thats most peoples attitude!

One more tip like happened to me once, the customer had taken the radiator off to save screwed the screws in and I forgot loosen them from the plugs, went over them and didn't realise until I'd finished me set. Customer wanted me to get a plumber out at my expense to re hang the radiator, instead I got my metal detector out of the van and dug them out within a couple of minutes lol

Screw the screws all the way in so the head is just about sticking out. Take them out before the last wet trowel

I only leave the top screws to be honest and take them out and put them back in after each trowel the bottom screws will line up with the bracket when put back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.