r&s life

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiganlad

Private Member
Right I sprayed 56 bags of Weber pral through a d63 which was holding at 11 b4 I started but I didn't check afterwards. Will I get another spray out of this or is I to risky I'm only asking as I'm waiting on another one but i need to be spraying tomorrow mornin and i all i have left is this 63 as my others are now totally dead cheers

Normally. 12 pallets of hardwall not sure on render as I've never used one for render start to finish, I've just had a mix up with delivery that's all and been caught short.

Read threads over the years about r & s life. Not long ago (maybe 7 years) there was an issue regarding Weber Ivory chewing up r.&s"s . I think it was only 2 pallets but I seem to remember someone saying 5 pallets is the norm, but others got more. One chap in particular ( simplybesty) got loads out of a r&s but there again he sprayed material very wet.

My r&s on the Monojet didn't seem to last that long but certainly about 5 pallets which is not a lot. My Ritmo has a Stainless one and costs mega bucks but I get more than 5 pallets. It was tightened up to the max and apparently died but surprisingly I had it weighed and it had not worn at all it was the rubber that was worn so not so bad.

I am monitoring my current r&s but I am already into 5 pallets with plenty of thread left on the clamp bolts.

Yes, some material is worse than others. Also how stiff you have it or how tight you tighten up ypur clamp. I keep mine at 10 bar.

Is there any price difference between a clampable and maintenance free?

I know your supposed get a bit more out the clampable..

Someone care to explain the benefits?

Never had more than 14 pallets from a R/S and don't know anyone who has had any more than that either but I'm happy as long as were getting over the 12 mark which we always do.

Prefer clamps cos u can set your own, twisters you can't do anything with they start out fast and gradually get slower and slower but on the plus side there is a good period of rolling out the van and spraying away. No pump test, no adjusting.

Find the clamp ok now. A new one does quite a few jobs until it wants pinching up. Then it might only be half a turn.

Well I sprayed home an hour ago and I'm gna go again tomorrow with same r&s only got 45-5o bags to do and its holding at 9

Should be fine mate.i use mine until it hits 6 then buy another!!
Sounds good to me then. My other one arrived today any way so its on standby. I dnt use the 63 often so its been of and of loads . Lucky I had I though when my other died out of the blue the other day. All gud now though

Status
Not open for further replies.