quoting

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ockerstewart

Hi everyone im ockerstewart,

I have just recently qualified as a plasterer but im struggling with what i should be charging customers for doing a job.
Could some one help me get to grips with this, should i be charging by the square meter or day rate and should i quote for getting materials myself or let the customer.I live in worcester so i know that different areas of the country charge different prices. I'd like help on how much to board?How much for skimming ect. your help would be much gratefull.:RpS_biggrin:

This unfortunately is a journey you have to take yourself my friend and it will become apparent after a few jobs but a good starting point is to go to a builders merchant and get a list of prices for your materials, plus prices are only good if you get the job so take that into consideration.

You will make mistakes with pricing for a while Guess your looking at domestic work so I would stick to charging by day If you supply your own mats then you can make sure you only use stuff that's in date and not been Sat in a garage for 6 mths and make some profit on top. Try and make it a condition that you are paid on completion Welcome to the forum. And good luck.

LOL spunkster, you're a c*nt!.....................Stewart - you're bound to know how many hours it would take you to do a particular task. You will also know how much per week you want to earn. Of course you will need to take into consideration things like the running costs of your business (vehicles/fuel/premises/bank charges/insurances/adverising & marketing etc.) Then you need to consider how many weeks holiday/time off you would like in the year............if it's 5 weeks and you want say £500 per week that means that you have to divide the 52 weeks @ £500 by 47 (weeks worked) making it £553.20 per week worked.........divide that by say 40 hours and you'll have your hourly rate. As said above, get some terms set up with a few local builders merchants and away you go:RpS_thumbup:

Edit for clarity.............If your running costs as outlined above are £200 per week your hourly rate would then be £753.20 divided by 40...........JUST some of the things that Joe Public don't consider, as they seem to think that every penny goes into your pocket..............( these figures are EXAMPLES ONLY - OK Spunky?):razz:

Last edited:
We've had the don't talk about prices and now everyones encouraging amateurs to pick up a trowel and get into plastering

the aim of this forum is to incourage new members, if lads are getting abusive to new members even if it is a daft question, new members will dry up.
stewart do a search, you will find what your looking for, if you ask a question like that regarding what lads are earning you will get a response like that, just as if you walked into a builders merchant and asked how much people were charging.

cheers boys, i know it's a daft question but i thought i'd ask as you boys have been in the game longer and have all the knowledge. That was the reason i joined the forum to pick up more knowledge from you boys.

the journey is long stewart..

take spunky for example,hes like yoda...104 in january and still going strong,if not a little grumpy!

Status
Not open for further replies.