Quoting on work till this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was you 28 years ago. Lived for plastering, it was my hobby. Anyway sprog came along and wifey wanted me home on a Sundays. So cut it down to 6 days a week. It gets harder as you get older plus getting 'others' to work weekends is not that easy.

Cut it down to 5 1/2 days a week and give your now young muscles time to recover otherwise something will snap and your plastering days are over. it happened to me and I was warned but thought I would be in my 20's for ever! Come 30 and your body goes downhill.

it is tempting to earn extra money , but make sure that you are not just working for the tax man.
it is not always about working hard, try to put together a stake so that it can help you in the future.

I see your point Malc ... but i'm not happy with earning a wage after 5 days. i want more, and ill rest when the phone goes quiet and when am older. You cant have everything you want in life by earning a wage 5 days a week.

Depends what you want out of life. Money for sure buys material objects but cannot buy valuable time with your kids. They grow up way too quickly and before you know it you've missed out. My boys 15 months old and i live for spending time with him and the missus!!!!! Its all good taking all the work that comes in on the basis of the fact that one day it may go quiet but if it doesnt youre signing yourself up for a prison sentence!!!!

Have some time off and enjoy bud!!!!!

Depends what you want out of life. Money for sure buys material objects but cannot buy valuable time with your kids. They grow up way too quickly and before you know it you've missed out. My boys 15 months old and i live for spending time with him and the missus!!!!! Its all good taking all the work that comes in on the basis of the fact that one day it may go quiet but if it doesnt youre signing yourself up for a prison sentence!!!!

Have some time off and enjoy bud!!!!!

defo agree with you there mike. i missed both my kids early years growing up when i was in the army and its time you never get back, Its all about balance and im defo more family orientated now rather than being driven by money. Got a marra thats two year younger than me and he had a heart attack last summer due to working 7 days a week for 6 months straight.. like i said its all about balance

Five and a half days is enough for any man,if you can't make good money at that, then it,s either the recession or your own fault, in busy times with good bones and muscle I was earning 1000 to 1500 a week, but less now as I am slowing down due to osteoarthritis in my knees but still take home a decent wage without any stress or panic. I like most have done years of donkey work, I have earned plenty doing it thankfully and I am grateful for that.

I see your point Malc ... but i'm not happy with earning a wage after 5 days. i want more, and ill rest when the phone goes quiet and when am older. You cant have everything you want in life by earning a wage 5 days a week.

whats point having everything you want when your at work shuvving sh!t up a wall 7 days a week????

what you dont earn on the weekend youll earn during the week and what you dont get done on the weekend youll get done during the week, sod working 7 days a week
all work and no play makes jack a dull boy!
you mean a boring cnnt :RpS_biggrin:

all work and no play makes jack a dull boy!

I work physically 5 days a week but mentally 7 nights a week and look at jobs Saturday and Sunday. So I never stop and it is making me a very dull boy!

But if do not look at jobs (mostly for time wasters) and price for them then I have no chance of getting in the work. I do wish for a 40 hour week job though and have a private life when the factory gate shuts.

rigsby you are experienced enough to know the cost of the job the moment that you see the property. you also know who is serious and who you expect to be a time waster. just tell them the best finish for their property, then give them your quote, and tell them when you can do the work for them, getting them to sign up there and then. i only price up mon, tue, and wed evenings then i have lost interest

rigsby you are experienced enough to know the cost of the job the moment that you see the property. you also know who is serious and who you expect to be a time waster. just tell them the best finish for their property, then give them your quote, and tell them when you can do the work for them, getting them to sign up there and then. i only price up mon, tue, and wed evenings then i have lost interest
We all lose interest after a while, this is my price ,like it fine, don't fine also. Tougher on the younger and newer guys I suppose

Congratulations John Doe.... Just don't make the mistake me n misses made by letting them sleep in your bed... Mine comes in at about 2am and gets into our bed then I'm sleeping on a inch strip down my side!! Nightmare

Congratulations John Doe.... Just don't make the mistake me n misses made by letting them sleep in your bed... Mine comes in at about 2am and gets into our bed then I'm sleeping on a inch strip down my side!! Nightmare

Already have that problem with Kims first child .... 2am is about right, and about half inch strip for me for the last 9 month 4 in the bed ;-)

Best of luck with parenting, its a challenge, my son is 16 months, love him to bits, but difficult when you are tired.

ok ... so i have a 12 week project taken on in Feb. When my regulars phone me up i say sorry busy for so many weeks phone me when i finished this job when i need you when am not busy?? b*ll***s. people say up yours ... People who look after you, you have to return the favour.

You cant expect people to wait 12 weeks and then when you tell them your too busy and cant do it, expect them to use you in future.

We are all in that boat John Doe,(interesting name) hope you never get a tag with it on,I am 47 now and my interest has waned,with osteoarthritis also, I do what I can, my philosophy is to look after the client I am with and then look after the next, next week I had four jobs to start and I had to give a way two of them,one will wait for me,one is up in the air still,but I have only one body and eight hr days is enough for me and five days though I do the odd Saturday, Saturdays I normally like to help with my young son as our families do not live in England. But I used to work six days and two nights, and price work in the evenings as well as get materials for the mornings, I have made plenty of money and am grateful but the bones have paid the price.

Bang on .... I got deabeites at 24, my body aches like fu*k ... I'm only 28. Its not always about the money at the time, its about getting and keeping good customers.

I don't disagree about working like a nob, its all i know and can't say No .... Its very hard to find the balance.

Names really Andrew mate lol

Hi Andrew (aka JohnDoe) my work mate got diabetes 2years ago and finds injecting difficult at work, have you heard about the new wonder drug and supplements for diabetics like diabetone. All worth looking in to, I feel for you getting it so young especially seeing my mate go through it

Hi Andrew (aka JohnDoe) my work mate got diabetes 2years ago and finds injecting difficult at work, have you heard about the new wonder drug and supplements for diabetics like diabetone. All worth looking in to, I feel for you getting it so young especially seeing my mate go through it

Its horrible mate, but its life and i don't dwell on it. It can be a pain in the arse when the sugar goes low. We mainly do a rolling gauge which doesnt seen to burn my energy soo fast. I was told i'd be injecting for life, not heard of anything new .... will google it.

How old's your mate?

Its horrible mate, but its life and i don't dwell on it. It can be a pain in the arse when the sugar goes low. We mainly do a rolling gauge which doesnt seen to burn my energy soo fast. I was told i'd be injecting for life, not heard of anything new .... will google it.

How old's your mate?

You really want to get and keep it under control, my mum has had it for years and now it is attacking the vital organs, she has recently been prepped for dialysis because it has nearly killed the kidneys, heart problems, bad circulation etc etc, she is 60 now like..

good luck with it bud

How old's your mate?

You really want to get and keep it under control, my mum has had it for years and now it is attacking the vital organs, she has recently been prepped for dialysis because it has nearly killed the kidneys, heart problems, bad circulation etc etc, she is 60 now like..

good luck with it bud

sorry to hear that spanky, both my parents are diabetic so for years I have tried to maintain healthy diet but its no guarantee

I've had type 1 diabetes my whole working life, now 42, its a hard job to be in for keeping good control, you just have to try and stay on top of it and deal with all the crap as when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.