Quotes

Members online

Lounge and dining room. French doors through so plan was to do one side then other but table would have to stay. Sofa could be pushed through. I asked if spec changed and was told no. Love to go see as all bs imo. 30 years in the trade I've seen this before but never really seen what's happened. You want to go look though. I really do. I'd be gutted if spot on

Priced job up 9 days (did allow a bit as I ain't rushing) was £1575 if memory serves. Lost job to someone half my price that did it in 3. I'm still puzzled. Something ain't adding up? Tell myself to forget it a move one. Dose get to you in the wee hours and play on your mind. Guy doing job had brand new van too..I know the neighbour
There is always a bottom feeder lurking somewhere geez! You put your price in for what you thought was fair and what you wanted to get the job done. You didn’t get it, so f**k em I say. Onwards to the next one! (y) :D

There is always a bottom feeder lurking somewhere geez! You put your price in for what you thought was fair and what you wanted to get the job done. You didn’t get it, so f**k em I say. Onwards to the next one! (y) :D
The "bottom feeder" earned more per day than wayners would have though?

True mate. I was just pointing out that business acumen has more to do with the job, rather than just making money.
Mate, Bottom feeders have no interest in building a successful business with a good reputation etc. In and out for a quick buck is their one true goal. Cheap and shite just like Lonsdale trackie bottoms! @John j
Lol.

in my experience just stay well away,as soon as you even start the work they have you and your money,learnt that lesson a long time ago.gut instinct is always the best gauge for these things so if it feels like aggro it probably will be.

i did a job for a woman years ago and as she was a single mum she pleaded with me to drop from £120 down to £100 a day.i took pity and agreed and then i heard her ordering a new bed for £900.never again

Lounge and dining room. French doors through so plan was to do one side then other but table would have to stay. Sofa could be pushed through. I asked if spec changed and was told no. Love to go see as all bs imo. 30 years in the trade I've seen this before but never really seen what's happened. You want to go look though. I really do. I'd be gutted if spot on
Are you sure about the price charged , might have been a bit of bull

Two days work dude so not loads in reality... Only asking as not long been doing domestics, Il be making 600 notes off the job if they want me to do it not bad for 2 days work so my business is fine thanks for asking!

£300 a day is a fair wage...I'd be happy with that if it's standard 8 hour day including picking up materials and the time to go to visit the job/send invoice.

£300 a day works out at about £63K a year taking into account roughly 30 days off and not working weekends. Considering how hard we wok and all the overheads I think it's a fair wage.

And lets not forget back in 2000 most spreads were earning 50K (y)

Last edited:
f**k em, like it or lump it, I never budge on price, don't see people at checkouts in tesco saying their shopping bill is taking piss.
What about if you say 5k and they say how about 4500 cash?

Mate, Bottom feeders have no interest in building a successful business with a good reputation etc. In and out for a quick buck is their one true goal. Cheap and shite just like Lonsdale trackie bottoms! @John j
Lol.
I actual wiped window cill down today and screwed socket fronts back . Was in a nice area and she asked for my number but I never gave it as it was for a builder

Update for you all got a call back from them 3 days after asking when I can start as they are more than happy with the additional work I suggested... Apparently had another spread in said they'd do it in 3 days and quoted 600 quid but they said they didn't seem competent to do the job told them I can only do it over 2 Saturdays now so the price will be 70 quid more. Started spitting feathers then agreed

Update for you all got a call back from them 3 days after asking when I can start as they are more than happy with the additional work I suggested... Apparently had another spread in said they'd do it in 3 days and quoted 600 quid but they said they didn't seem competent to do the job told them I can only do it over 2 Saturdays now so the price will be 70 quid more. Started spitting feathers then agreed

Dont forget the photos